View Full Version : Opera/IE7 Layout Issues

XSapphire
05-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Hi there

I am having a few issues with a design layout.
Link: http://www.toxicpc.co.uk/nemesis/

In Opera the navbar doesn't fit and it causes the layout below to shift to the side and below. How can I fix this?

Also, in IE7 on the forums page the bottom footer is not rounded and does not contain any text nor does the header below the navbar which should contain a register link.

Thanks for any help :)

abduraooft
05-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Have a try by adding float:left; to your #main-nav li a

XSapphire
05-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Hi,

Still got the same problem with that.

abduraooft
05-17-2009, 01:18 PM
In Opera the navbar doesn't fit and it causes the layout below to shift to the side and below. How can I fix this? Opera takes some extra space than FF(not sure the reason, but a little zoom out fixes the issue)

You may fix it by reducing the padding of your anchors, like

#main-nav li a:link, #main-nav li a:visited {

padding: 8px 10px;
} Also, take a look at http://matthewjamestaylor.com/blog/beautiful-css-centered-menus-no-hacks-full-cross-browser-support, to see how to make a horizontally centered menu, without using any paddings(to center).

does not contain any text nor does the header below the navbar which should contain a register link.
It's due to the following highlighted.

* html .clearfix, * html .navbar, ul.linklist {style.ph...2&lang=en (line 2626)
height:4%;
overflow:hidden;
}
You may override this by setting overflow:visible; to your
#page-footer .linklist

XSapphire
05-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi abduraooft

That fixes the main navbar issue, although I will work on the styling of that when we have decided which pages to include.

The overflow: visible; fix brings back the text for the bottom forum footer but not the header navbar, and there is still a problem with the styling of that footer - it is not rounded.

Edit: the issues above only appear in IE7 now.

XSapphire
05-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Any help?

XSapphire
05-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Anyone? :(

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum