View Full Version : I'm giving my site a facelift. Review it!

skunker
05-14-2009, 08:21 PM
My current site is: www.ogmda.com

After 3 years, I'm doing a redesign, but I wanted to keep the same "feel" and "style". Here's my new homepage:

That's a flash animation there.
http://www.ogmda.com/temp/new/om-home.png

Any thoughts so far?

Sample interior page is:
http://www.ogmda.com/temp/new/om-portfolio.png

_Aerospace_Eng_
05-14-2009, 08:49 PM
I think its better than the current design. At first I'm not sure how your theme goes together with your name. I'm seeing barns and old stuff but then I see that your based out of San Antonio. Are you trying to portray the Texas side of you or the "organic" part?

It does look a little "western". I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

skunker
05-14-2009, 09:00 PM
That's a good point and that's a thought I had when I sat back and looked at my site. It does seem to be more "western" than "organic". I need to figure out ways to make it more organic in nature. Thanks.

CaptainB
05-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Whoa - I really like both designs! And I agree on the western style - that was my first though too. Maybe try with some more 'wood looking' textures or something?

Fumigator
05-14-2009, 10:35 PM
You have a great eye and ability for design and I"m jealous. I hate you, in fact. :p

I actually like the current site a bit better, apart from the distracting flash animation. And a couple of the portfolio links are dead...

woop
05-15-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't think the blown out colors suit you very well. I am being completely honest when I say that I think the background looks like experimental HDR.

skunker
05-15-2009, 01:39 AM
I don't think the blown out colors suit you very well. I am being completely honest when I say that I think the background looks like experimental HDR.

Are you talking about the photographs or the actual texture/background images?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum