View Full Version : suckerfish drop down over content

sackstein
05-14-2009, 04:24 PM
I have been having a problem with my suckerfish dropdown in IE. I used to have a javascript fadeshow banner right below it and could not figure out why even whenever i rolled over the dropdown it would instantly disappear in IE.

After much tinkering I found out it was the fact that the drop down was over the banner that was causing that.

And after more tinkering I found that it was in fact being over ANY content that causes the dropdown to disappear. whether it be an image or text hyperlink, if it is under the drop down when you rollover it will disappear.

to demonstrate this I made this page:
http://www.anzie.com/test6.php

You can see the first 2 drop down boxes work since it is in the same table just with beaks and nothing underneath it.

However once it leaves the table and hovers over the button/images you can no longer select those dropdowns.

If anyone has any idea what I could do I would be extremely grateful.

bazz
05-14-2009, 04:56 PM
only had time for a quick look.

Check your JS code. in it you show 'LI' but in your html, you use 'li'.

Also, (I know you didn't ask about this), I would recommend that you make thumbnails of the images. Currently it seems to be enlergements being dl'd for thumbs and this looks bad and takes ages. puts your bandwidth up too much as well. I dread to think what it would be like for dial up users of which there are still millions.

good news, the menu works in FF3.0.10 :cool:
hth

bazz

abduraooft
05-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Check your JS code. in it you show 'LI' but in your html, you use 'li'.That wouldn't make any difference in stupid IE(which is the only targeted browser for that code)

sackstein
05-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Yep no difference with changing LI to li. any other ideas?

One other observation in IE: the rollover only appears to highlight the dropdown if the pointer is directly over the text. could this have something to do with it?

As for the pictures I'm working on changing all the backgrounds and sizes/ compression. I wasn't the one who set it up like that originally.. should change loading times quite a bit.

sackstein
05-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Solved it!

the fix was to use this

1. #menu li:hover, #menu li.hover {
2. position: static;
3. }

Which I found here: http://www.builtfromsource.com/2006/10/23/a-fix-for-suckerfish-dropdowns-in-ie-7/

thanks for trying to help though!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum