View Full Version : Why you should not use Internet Explorer

05-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Because Microsoft does not support you. While the web moves forward, Microsoft has always held it back. As the specifications get written and implemented for HTML5, and Microsoft co-chairs the working group, they just don't show up. Here's a quote from Ian Hickson (http://www.webstandards.org/2009/05/13/interview-with-ian-hickson-editor-of-the-html-5-specification/), the editor for the HTML5 spec:

Personally I would like Microsoft to get more involved with HTML 5. Theyíve sent very little feedback over the years, far less than the other browser vendors. Even when asking them about their opinion on features they are implementing I rarely get any feedback. Itís very sad. If I e-mail them a question about how I can best help them, I usually get no reply; at best Iíll get a promise that theyíll get back to me, but thatís it.

How are things to get better when the dominant browser vendor won't show up to the table? How can Microsoft ignore all others in this important process that they claim to support? How can they continue to co-chair this committee in this way?

05-14-2009, 03:49 PM
It's just so sad...

This one's playing just for you, doc! :D