View Full Version : customize Explorer's toolbars

07-09-2002, 02:21 PM
is there a way to customize from a script (also JScript or VBScript) the Internet Explorer's toolbars?
for example i need to hide ALL the toolbars or hide only the address bar and so on...

07-09-2002, 02:30 PM
Try this in the HTML Head tag:

<script language=JavaScript>

function POP_UP() {
window.open('/file.html','_blank','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=yes,menubar=no,resizable=no,copyhi story=no,scrollbars=no,width=400,height=375');

Then for the link:

"<a href="javascript:POP_UP()"; return true>myText</a>"

Good luck.

07-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get that "mytext" link to popup automatically, then close the page that has the mytext link?

Also, can the popup's x/y position be set?

Basically, I'd like to use this to popup a local html file on my system, without having to click the link and cloase the originating page.

07-14-2006, 06:05 PM
You can set the position with left=80,top=80. Security in your browser will probably stop you from closing the window automatically but this is how you would do it.

<script language="javascript">

function POP_UP() {
window.open('popup.htm','_blank','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=yes,menubar=no,resiza ble=no,copyhi story=no,scrollbars=no,width=400,height=375,left=80,top=80');

<body onload="POP_UP()">

07-14-2006, 06:27 PM
That worked, thanks!

Yea, XP is asking to confirm closing the window, maybe I can find a workaround to that.

I used to just view the page via a .vbs file, but unfortunately Maxthon and Firefox both insist on viewing it in them, no matter what settings and associations I try.

Thanks again :)