View Full Version : Formatting issue in IE

05-14-2009, 01:35 AM
so the following page looks fine in safari and firefox, but not in IE. In IE the white text area doesnt extend far enough over to the right. As a result, the photos are not centered like in the other browsers. please help.

Ill just go with one problem at a time. But you will notice that some of the other pages on this site have issues in IE and not the other browsers. but again, Im cool with tackling one problem at a time.

Thank you.

05-14-2009, 03:21 AM
Try setting your #body to auto auto; instead of 0 auto;. This could easily confuse IE.

I would also recommend dropping the tables for an all DIV layout. This may seem very strange coming from table land at first, but I promise once you get the hang of it you'll never look back. That isn't to say that tables don't have their place. They certainly do, but I would say only for tabular data. Good luck.

05-14-2009, 05:52 AM
The body wrapper and those <p>-enclosed images are not being centred properly because IE is being forced into quirks mode. To fix that, make sure your Transitional DOCTYPE is amended as follows:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"

05-14-2009, 07:48 AM
I have checked it in the Ie it is working fine in the Ie..