View Full Version : hmm what do you think of my site???

03-19-2003, 12:12 PM
hey guys could you please take a look at my newly added site... http://www.shadowgelert.com aksi my design site: http://design.shadowgelert.com

03-19-2003, 12:29 PM
Nice layout, a bit cluttered, and very... blue. Throw a bit of a contrasting color in there to liven things up. Also, proofread your texts, or have someone else do it: there's a number of typos in there and that looks kinda sloppy. Give text blocks a little more room, it's easier to the eye to read.
Oh, nearly forgot: your logo and top navigation buttons are hard to read: a bit more contrast won't hurt.

03-19-2003, 12:49 PM
i dont need your help... lol Just Kidding Just Kidding, thank you soo much on critiquing my site that really helps alot. i know its kind crouded though you should have seen my site before then we'll discuss crouwded lol thanx again man... what do you think of the menus now? i think i fixed them kinda

03-19-2003, 12:58 PM
I'd use more colours than blue and white. I'd also cut the amount of news posts shown on the index page, maybe 6 or so per page?

To help shorten the size of the page, I'd also put the search area on the left menu bar

For the random quote, use stripslashes ;) It\'ll stop all the slashes showing and ppl that aren\'t coders wouldn\'t understand what the slashes are for :p

03-19-2003, 12:59 PM
I do not take seriously a "Web Design" outfit which site that does not have a DOCTYPE.

03-19-2003, 01:01 PM
lol okay thanx again thats what i thouht but the quote thing stores it to a .txt file.. would that somehow be the same/?? lemme go check thanx again all fo you guys oh adnd yea i will use more color im just getting the site jump started off the ground for now... im working on a search system actually i havenmt started yet but im sure it should be to hard... i hope for now im doing that though when I am done though im gonna add like table for the news posters messages and what not you know??? thanx for the help again.. lol okay ill move the searches over.

03-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Vladdy
I do not take seriously a "Web Design" outfit which site that does not have a DOCTYPE. huh really i thought i had <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" ".... on there guess not lol lemme go fixthat

03-19-2003, 01:06 PM
Yep, that helps; it gives more of a grouped feeling. Really like the slightly lighter blue streak across the link headers, by the way: subtle and effective. Very nice touch!
Try some similar spacing in the text blocks in the "News" section: slightly free up the text from the header and footer of each news item. This doesn't have to be a whole line hight, with CSS you can control it on a pixel level. 2-4 pixels already can make a big difference.
Remember clutter is a subjective impression; there can be a lot on a page and still not feel cluttered if you apply tricks like the one above.

03-19-2003, 01:11 PM
try making the text regular (ie: not bold!) and see if that helps it "breathe" abit more... :thumbsup:

03-19-2003, 01:12 PM
Top: Site name & logo not very clear, as the main menu

Text: Excessive contrast (white ovr blue) & little fonts are difficult to read (produce fatigue). Red text over blue blackground... yeeek. For menus and sections you use a not very readable font

Bottom text not softened, difficult to read

03-19-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by stoodder
huh really i thought i had <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" ".... on there guess not lol lemme go fixthat
its not enough to just have it in there, you should adhere to its standards as well :D

and by the way, it goes above the <html> not the <title>,
also DOCTYPE (needs to be in caps)

03-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Like most people, I find it pretty cluttered...

The title image seems pixelated, and unclear.

It has a lot of potential though.