View Full Version : Faking IP?

Scke_Xival
03-19-2003, 06:39 AM
Is there way to fake the ip address or cloak it for php? $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']

Also is there a way to view a sites php source code?

stoodder
03-19-2003, 06:50 AM
hmmm i dont see why you would need this info really... could you please give a supportive answer first... sorry i dont wanna be involved in any "un lawful" things.. sorry im not trying to accuse you its just the way you sound..

hmm not meaning to blame you for this but are you the one starting the rukus on my forums???? if so please stop i dont see why anyone should.

Roy Sinclair
03-19-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Scke_Xival
Also is there a way to view a sites php source code?

Ask the developer nicely.

beetle
03-19-2003, 05:31 PM
No and No.

And even if the answer was 'yes' for either, do you really think this community of web-developers would arm you with the tools to deface/circumvent/steal their very (type of) work? :rolleyes:

Scke_Xival
03-19-2003, 11:50 PM
Post removed by admin. See response below.

Scke_Xival
03-19-2003, 11:52 PM
btw isn't there a way to mask your ip address?

WA
03-19-2003, 11:59 PM
Scke_Xival, it's very easy for people to misconstrue the intentions behind your question. Frankly I don't blame them. The fact is, any inquiry that could potentially be used to carry out illegitimate actions is discouraged here, if not outright banned. You may simply be asking out of curiosity, but there is no way for others to know this for sure. Due to this, to be safe, any such question again is discouraged.

I'm going to close this thread for the above reasons, and the fact that this thread could turn into something else all together.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum