View Full Version : Vertical Scroll Bar Regardless of Resolution

teamleaf
05-10-2009, 01:23 AM
I purposely built my index so that it would fit perfectly on all monitors using 1024x768 and up, but I still have a vertical scroll bar on the index for some reason.

I even have the scroll bar on my 1680 by 1050 monitor.

Whats going on here?

It happens in Safari and Firefox. Im not sure about IE 6 and IE 7.

Site: www.teamleaf.org

timgolding
05-10-2009, 02:13 AM
I like what your doing. I'm in a similar environmental charity. Transition Southampton

Here's what wrong with your code

<html>
<head>
<style>
html {
height:100%;
}
body {
margin:0px;
padding:8px 0px 0px 0px;
height:100%;
background:#ffffff;
}

</style>
</head>
<body>

</body>
</html>

If you try that code posted you'll see it has the same problem. And the offending code is

timgolding
05-10-2009, 02:16 AM
P.S I had to remove my buttons bar and my web developer bar and shrink my taskbar down to one row to test this. So don't assume this will work for all users. Most users have various bars installed on there computer even some not intentionally. If it was me personally i wouldn't even bother with it.

teamleaf
05-10-2009, 03:28 AM
If you try that code posted you'll see it has the same problem. And the offending code is

[/QUOTE]

I put that line in because Safari has an 8px issue and shows everything at the very top of the page without that margin. That margin is unnoticeable in any browser but Safari.

timgolding
05-10-2009, 04:01 AM
I put that line in because Safari has an 8px issue and shows everything at the very top of the page without that margin. That margin is unnoticeable in any browser but Safari.

Oh annoying. Maybe thats a safari default that can be overridden.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum