View Full Version : Cannot line up table grid in repeat section that contains a table

05-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Hi I am making some changes to some existing code that I inherited that pulls information from an access database based on results from a drop down list.

I have a repeated section that contains a table.

<!--#include virtual="/policy/includes/DelegationHeader.asp" -->

<table width="620" border="1" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="1">
<td width="65" align="left"valign="top" class="articletitle"><span class="style4"><strong>Employee ID</strong></span></td>
<td width="140"align="left" valign="top" class="normaltextunleaded"><strong>Name</strong></td>
<td width="160" align="left"valign="top" class="normaltextunleaded">Licence Type</td>
<td width="60" align="left"valign="top" class="normaltextunleaded">Status</td>
<td width="60" align="left"valign="top" class="normaltextunleaded">Date of Expiry</td>
While ((Repeat1__numRows <> 0) AND (NOT rsDelegationResults.EOF))
<table width="620" border = "1" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="1">
<td width="65" align="left" valign="top" ><%=(rsDelegationResults.Fields.Item("ID_NUMBER").Value)%></td>
<td width="140" align="left" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><%=(rsDelegationResults.Fields.Item("Qual_Surname").Value)%>, <%=(rsDelegationResults.Fields.Item("Qual_Given_Name").Value)%></td>
<td width="160" align="left" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><%=(rsDelegationResults.Fields.Item("LicenseQualName").Value)%></td>
<td width="60" align="left" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><%=(rsDelegationResults.Fields.Item("Status Type").Value)%></td>
<td width="60" align="left" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><%=(rsDelegationResults.Fields.Item("Expiry date").Value)%></td>

<!--#include virtual="/policy/includes/PolicyFooter.asp" -->
Set rsDelegationResults = Nothing

I get the correct results however when displaying the results in the table I cannot get the grid lines on the columns to line up correctly.

The problem seems to be with the date fields where a day or month does not have a leading zero.

Here is a sample of the output:

9299 Brown, George First Aid - Senior Current 3/05/2009
9970 Peters, Jon First Aid - Senior Current 19/07/2011
9559 Smith, Steven First Aid - Senior Current 16/09/2011

See attached print screen of how output looks with grids.

Any advice on how to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Many thanks