PDA

View Full Version : Warning: require(header.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file

dj1mitch
05-06-2009, 02:49 AM
I have a file header.php. I am attempting to call the file using "require or include". I get the below error in both instances.
Please Help!!!!!!!!

<?php
require ('header.php');
?>

Warning: require(header.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\base\public_html\modules\contact.php on line 2

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'header.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\wamp\www\base\public_html\modules\contact.php on line 2

Fou-Lu
05-06-2009, 03:02 AM
This is what happens when you include files that have been included into other files from sub directories.
Fix by changing all of you're include / require calls in every file to: require_once dirname(__FILE__) . '/../relative/path/to/include.php'; where this can be any type of require/include. The other option is to use an absolute path, which destroys you're portability.

Hayyel
05-06-2009, 03:06 AM
Might be hard for me to explain...

If you are trying to include header.php in a file and both are located in the root directory then try this:

../header.php

If your header.php is in a folder then it would be:

../folder/header.php

Like www.yoursite.com/index.php
www.yoursite.com/pages/header.php

Or two folders:

folder/folder/header.php

If the file is in a folder and header.php is in a previous folder then it is:

../header.php or ../../header.php

dj1mitch
05-06-2009, 03:18 AM
This is what happens when you include files that have been included into other files from sub directories.
Fix by changing all of you're include / require calls in every file to: require_once dirname(__FILE__) . '/../relative/path/to/include.php'; where this can be any type of require/include. The other option is to use an absolute path, which destroys you're portability.

This is driving me crazy still not working, getting the same error.

dj1mitch
05-06-2009, 03:18 AM
Might be hard for me to explain...

If you are trying to include header.php in a file and both are located in the root directory then try this:

../header.php

If your header.php is in a folder then it would be:

../folder/header.php

Like www.yoursite.com/index.php
www.yoursite.com/pages/header.php

Or two folders:

folder/folder/header.php

If the file is in a folder and header.php is in a previous folder then it is:

../header.php or ../../header.php

Nothing is working, thank you for trying.

abduraooft
05-06-2009, 08:43 AM
I have a file header.php. I am attempting to call the file using "require or include". I get the below error in both instances.
Please Help!!!!!!!!
Could you post your directory structure along with the location of files here?