View Full Version : where to find web firms

josh4
05-05-2009, 07:42 PM
For various reasons I'm trying to look up web development firms around the country. I can do the standard google search etc. but that's a lot of work. Does anyone know of websites that keep track of these sort of things? Is there a website that would have a listing available?

VIPStephan
05-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Which country are you talking about?
In many countries there are so called “Yellow Pages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Pages)”.

josh4
05-05-2009, 09:54 PM
yellow pages are local based im looking for USA national

I don't see any reason for you to be a jerk. I am just getting suggestions, is that not what these forums are for?

Apostropartheid
05-05-2009, 10:03 PM
I don't see why you have to resort to calling names, either. Stephan is from Germany, and we Europeans do things a lot differently, in general. Things aren't worldwide and you so helpfully didn't specify your country. Be open to someone, you know, actually being helpful.

josh4
05-06-2009, 01:04 AM
if your help comes with inappropriate attitude then no thank you.

my answer is linkedin has the ability to search web development companies

twodayslate
05-06-2009, 04:24 AM
agree with josh4 on this one... if i responded the way VIPStephan did I would have been warned and received negative rep from Aero... lol

josh4: linkedin is supposedly good. you may also want to try some freelance websites. http://jobs.freelanceswitch.com/

tagnu
05-06-2009, 08:46 AM
if i responded the way vipstephan did i would have been warned and received negative rep from aero... Lol

lol :)

gnomeontherun
05-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Well I would think you should start by reducing your search down from 'web firm' to something more manageable. There are some who focus on niche areas, specific kinds of CMSs, e-commerce, programming, etc. The fact of the matter is that any county is bound to have far too many options, driving you mad searching.

Limit your search to an area (it could be geographically or topically). Otherwise, ask around for referrals, that can be far easier :)

Fumigator
05-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Well I would think you should start by reducing your search down from 'web firm' to something more manageable. There are some who focus on niche areas, specific kinds of CMSs, e-commerce, programming, etc. The fact of the matter is that any county is bound to have far too many options, driving you mad searching.

Limit your search to an area (it could be geographically or topically). Otherwise, ask around for referrals, that can be far easier :)

He's probably just looking for a list of email addresses to spam :thumbsup:

(Oh I'm only joking, don't be so sensitive.)

VIPStephan
05-07-2009, 01:03 AM
Uhm… well, I really don’t understand the commotion regarding my reply? :confused: I didn’t see or intend anything negative in/with it?

Please forgive my ignorance for not speaking English natively.

gnomeontherun
05-07-2009, 10:11 AM
I think its a cultural thing, VIPStephan, I see both ways (since I'm native English speaker living in your country). Could be read that you were being rude in English (as there are many meanings with how you structure a phrase), but it would not be so in German.

VIPStephan
05-07-2009, 12:05 PM
I think its a cultural thing, VIPStephan, I see both ways (since I'm native English speaker living in your country). Could be read that you were being rude in English (as there are many meanings with how you structure a phrase), but it would not be so in German.

Yeah, that’s what I thought. I’d just say: „Von welchem Land sprichst du?“ and it would be as neutral as it can get and I had just converted it word by word into English. But how’d you express this in English? “Which country do you mean?” That sounds a little too blunt to me.

gnomeontherun
05-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Its a valid point too, sometimes people forget the internet is worldwide and that 'country' refers to 193 (give or take on how you slice sovereignty) different places.

That is why a local search or a search by a niche service is a good way to narrow your results, or as VIPStephan says look at directories like the Yellow Pages.

mit
05-13-2009, 08:50 AM
my answer is linkedin has the ability to search web development companies

I agree, linkedin has many professionals from many web development companies out there from your country and others too. Hope you will get someone from there to help you out with your needs.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum