View Full Version : ASP? what is it?

whackaxe
07-09-2002, 12:11 PM
hi there people. i have got quite a bit of knowledge around PHP, mySQL, javascript and HTML, and was wondering what ASP is can do what the above cant (especialy PHP) could someone brief me about that. cheers :D

Dave Clark
07-09-2002, 01:34 PM
Ultimately, there isn't anything that one server-side language can do that another can't. Each language will do things in its own way; but either can be used to achieve the same end result.

Beyond that, there is no reason to ask such a question without starting a flame-war. :D We don't need to have another thread where proponents of one language start playing the "my language is better than your language" type of game. "Better/Easier/Faster" is (for the most part) relative, subjective, and unquantifiable -- in other words, it becomes a matter of taste.

OK? :)

oracleguy
07-09-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Dave Clark
"Better/Easier/Faster" is (for the most part) relative, subjective, and unquantifiable -- in other words, it becomes a matter of taste.

OK? :)

exactly right.

Like me, I use ASP because I know VB really well so it was pretty easy to start learning ASP because I already knew the core language.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum