View Full Version : Few problems with my final year project

GBizzle99
04-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi there

I'm currently a student studying multimedia and need some help for my final year project. I'm new to html css and stuck with a few things.

I have a template that i'm following for the layout, with a wrapper, header, content and footer. So the page should be fixed, which is it is until I start messing about with the positioning of certain elements, currently in the header. Any one know the reasons for this?

Aso I have made the links using an <ul> and lined them up but how do I get an image to appear underneath them, like a nav bar?

Cheers for any replys

jcdevelopment
04-30-2009, 07:12 PM
This information wont help us too much to figure out the problem. We will need some code, or even a test site link to figure out problems. More than likely you are using positioning which can cause a lot of problems, and more than likely you need to add a BG image for your navigation.

If you can supply us with more information and we will help you to find the answers you need.

GBizzle99
04-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Ok, so heres the code. I edited it alot trying to figure out the problem so the navigation links arnt in there, but it still stretches.

<style type="text/css">
html,body{
margin:0;
padding:0;
background-color:#000;
}

body{
color:#FFF;
font: 76% arial,sans-serif;
text-align:center;
background-color:#000;
}
p{
margin:0 10px 10px
}
a{
display:block;
color: #981793;
padding:10px
}

div#header {
background: #333;
color: #FFF;
width:100%
}

div#container{
width:900px;
margin:0 auto;
text-align:left
}

div#content p{
line-height:1.4
}

div#footer p{
margin:0;
padding:5px 10px
}

div#left{
background:#B9CAFF;
float:left;
width:500px
}

div#right{
background:#FF8539;
float:right;
width:400px
}

div#footer{
background: #333;
color: #FFF;
clear:both;
width:100%
}

}
</style>

jcdevelopment
04-30-2009, 07:52 PM
when you start messing with the header, what exactly is messing up in your layout?

GBizzle99
04-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Nothing happens to the other elements as such, it's just the whole page becomes fluid and I want it fixed.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum