View Full Version : Simple Job (Will Pay)

cincinnatiboy4867
04-28-2009, 11:16 PM
1) Project Details: (be as specific as possible):
If you take a look at my site (DurkMusicBeats . com/beats) and go to the beats page you can see that it looks like a nice organized way to sell my beats. Well if you look at the coding it isn't what you think. I want it to be like every other online store where you can sort by price (high to low), price (low to high), popularity, etc. except I just want to be able to sort by:
length
popularity
and tempo (bpm)
There may be more but that's all for now.
Basically, I want it to resemble how it looks and acts now, but instead of having to edit 4 different html pages I can just add one set of data and it will organize it for me.
PM me if you need more details.
Thanks so much.
2) Payment Amount:
$20.00 (sound good for a quick little easy job)
3) Payment method/ details (Paypal, check? Timeline?):
Paypal
4) Additional Info (about project or potential bidders):
I don't want to spend a lot of money on this so if your asking for more than $20 you'll have to convince me.

Unknown
05-01-2009, 12:26 AM
I noticed that the list of your beats is hard coded into .HTML files with the pagination also hard coded in conjunction with your pages.

I believe this job would require more time than you expect and thus more compensation. For the beats to be organized/sortable one would need to create:

-A method to store the beat title/runtime/file location (Database, XML file)
-A method for simple addition of new beats to the database/XML file
-A script that would iterate through the DB/XML and spit out an organized/paged list of the beats according to the sorting method

This would require a web scripting language (PHP,ASP.NET) which in turn requires that your host support one in addition to the storage methods (XML/SQL server etc.).

I'm not exactly sure of the simplicity of this task, however, I can assure you $20 is too low of a compensation for it.

My web programming skills are limited, so if anyone can correct me if I'm wrong that would be much appreciated.

Edit: I was looking up some info on PHP, I found a clever method of having a directory containing all your beats, then having a script iterate through the files in the directory and organizing them in a list. I think this would be much easier than I anticipated, however, one issue I came across was getting the proper runtime of the beat. The only solution I found was getting http://getid3.org/, an addin for php that requires more addins, so your host must either have that or allow you to get it.

Hoffman1984
05-01-2009, 08:31 PM
It doesn't NEED a server side language. I work with alot of client side javascript and simply front loading the xml data works... I wouldn't recommend this for an xml file that's a few thousand records deep, as this can produce a lengthy load time. CSV is also an option...

To the original poster: Send me a pm and we can discuss.

cincinnatiboy4867
05-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Resolved.
Thanks riwan.
Excellent job.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum