View Full Version : Required Email Address

Yasgur
04-28-2009, 05:45 PM
I have an online store. I sell my own produced videos (Music). I am also building a free archive of videos that I want to put into a video on demand page. All I want is for viewers to give me their email address (valid) before they get in for free. I was directed round a bout here and was hoping somebody could give me a simple (?) solution.

Jeff

Apostropartheid
04-28-2009, 06:25 PM
It depends. Do you want this server-side or client + server-side? What languages do you know?

_Aerospace_Eng_
04-28-2009, 06:28 PM
We can tell you what you should do but we aren't just going to give you code that you can copy and paste. This is a forum for helping people. Have the user enter their email address into some kind of form. Store their email in a database along with a string that is 10 characters long that gets generated randomly. Send an email to the email address they gave you with a link in it that looks like this http://www.yoursite.com/verify.php?code=yourrandomcodegoeshere and then upon clicking the link they get back to your site. You read the code in the url and match it with the one in the database. If they match mark their email as verified and allow them to do whatever you want.

Yasgur
04-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks,

I just wanted to maintain it on my side. I speak english and a little German (Ha) No programming. I was thinking that I wold have a page and it would have an email contact form. They fill it out and upon submitting, it redirects them to the vids. My only issue now I see is someone can circumvent the contact page and go right to the vids. My ultimate is that I could make it so they couldn;t get in without going through the contact page. I would contract out the code work if anyone is interested.

Jeff

oesxyl
04-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks,

I just wanted to maintain it on my side. I speak english and a little German (Ha) No programming. I was thinking that I wold have a page and it would have an email contact form. They fill it out and upon submitting, it redirects them to the vids. My only issue now I see is someone can circumvent the contact page and go right to the vids. My ultimate is that I could make it so they couldn;t get in without going through the contact page. I would contract out the code work if anyone is interested.

Jeff
post a request to the web project forum if you want to pay.
To be honest if download is free I don't see any reason to ask for user mail address for confirmation, seems a complication from my point of view.

best regards

Yasgur
04-28-2009, 06:48 PM
I also sell products so I just wanted to create an email database for my products

oracleguy
04-28-2009, 06:54 PM
I also sell products so I just wanted to create an email database for my products

Well perhaps you should give the option for the user to enter their email address but also have a link that skips that step if so desired and takes them to the download.

So basically if they'd like to get your news or update announcements, or whatever you want to have an email list for, they can if interested.

oesxyl
04-28-2009, 06:55 PM
this could be a reason, :)

best regards

rjprabhu
05-04-2009, 09:42 AM
I have an online store. I sell my own produced videos (Music). I am also building a free archive of videos that I want to put into a video on demand page. All I want is for viewers to give me their email address (valid) before they get in for free. I was directed round a bout here and was hoping somebody could give me a simple (?) solution.

Jeff

Hai Yasgur,
I have gone through your contents. I have got an email. database for sale.
It consists of 70 lakhs business people, 60 lakhs of Importers and Exporters allover the world and complete email details of yahoo, sify, hotmail, rediffmail and so on. If you are interested please call me or send email. My mobile phone no: 91-9444562396. rjprabhu46@gmail.com.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum