View Full Version : Resolved Resolved: Reinstall Original Homepage and install a forum

JulieV
04-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Hi,

I screwed up my website and I wanted to put the homepage back as and install a forum on the but I keep on messing it up.

so how much would it cost for someone do do it for me.
as you can see the site is not actually the homepage; www.jgvfinance.com

(mode please tell me if I cannot post the site and I will take it down or if you will you can just take down. Thanks)

I will pay through paypal or any type but I need to know how much would it cost me.

Any quotes and comments is really appreciated.

Thanks
JuleiV

Thanks a lot for all of you guys who made comments and offered their services but I have already chosen someone whom I have known here and is available to do it for me now.

Thanks
Again
JulieV

The_Return
04-27-2009, 02:16 AM
I'll do it for $5

JulieV
04-27-2009, 11:30 AM
When can you do it?

I need ASAP as you know its been there for more than three days.

Please let me know and are you a programmer? Just want to be sure it'll be doe correctly...

Let me know thanks,

JulieV

The_Return
04-27-2009, 11:48 AM
You want your forum installed right and you messed up your homepage playing with the code?

leftman
04-27-2009, 12:36 PM
JulieV, we can resolve your problem.

Code repairing 5 - 100usd
Forum installation - 50usd

JulieV
04-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Here's what happen:
I downloaded a free forum software from SMF and uploaded it to my server but somehow i mess it up and the homepage turned into the smf.
You can see how my homepage look like at the sig file JGVFinance.com, that shouldn't be the case.
Now what I need is to republish the original homepage plus installation of the forum.

I hope i made it more clearer

Thanks
JulieV

Rowsdower!
04-27-2009, 01:53 PM
It looks like the SMF file can't connect to your MySQL database. I'm just getting an error message when I go to your link.

Are you sure completed this step of the installation (http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=4) correctly?

_Aerospace_Eng_
04-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Here's what happen:
I downloaded a free forum software from SMF and uploaded it to my server but somehow i mess it up and the homepage turned into the smf.
You can see how my homepage look like at the sig file JGVFinance.com, that shouldn't be the case.
Now what I need is to republish the original homepage plus installation of the forum.

I hope i made it more clearer

Thanks
JulieV

It sounds like you uploaded SMF to the root of your site so it overrode your index file file. Do you have the original file still? Did you still want SMF installed?

JulieV
04-27-2009, 02:22 PM
I still want the SMF installed. and I think its not connected to the MYSQL. I think this is where the problem is..

Thanks guys,

JulieV

Rowsdower!
04-27-2009, 02:45 PM
It sounds like you uploaded SMF to the root of your site so it overrode your index file file. Do you have the original file still? Did you still want SMF installed?

This sounds about right to me too. If you don't have a backup of the old homepage anywhere then I think you might be back to square-1 for that (unless your host keeps old backup files but I can't imagine that they would). Getting the SMF working shouldn't be too tough but restoring the homepage might be a lost cause.

JulieV
04-27-2009, 02:52 PM
I have copy of the homepage so it wont be that much of a problem I guess.

thanks,
JulieV

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum