View Full Version : Dedicated hosting that won't care...

RomanTaylor
04-26-2009, 05:05 AM
Hey guys, can you suggest a trusted hosting that won't care what I host there. I need to host a torrent tracker basically. It would be nice to get one in international waters :) I don't really care where, but I need one under 100$/month to start of. (cheaper - better)

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Apostropartheid
04-26-2009, 02:02 PM
If the torrent allows the ability to download a legal piece of data, then hosts shouldn't really care.

twodayslate
04-26-2009, 04:24 PM
I would check digitalpoint forums - they usually have this sort of thing. With your budget you should be able to find something pretty good.

oesxyl
04-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey guys, can you suggest a trusted hosting that won't care what I host there. I need to host a torrent tracker basically. It would be nice to get one in international waters :) I don't really care where, but I need one under 100$/month to start of. (cheaper - better)

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
what do you mean by "international waters"? :)
I would like to know what host have dedicate servers under 100 $/month and in what condition. :)

If the torrent allows the ability to download a legal piece of data, then hosts shouldn't really care.
this is not exactly true, you accept TOS and they shutdown the server if is a legal problem, :)
Almost all european hosts forbid streaming and torrents, except maybe uk. The real reason is the bandwidth, back bone access and money, :)

best regards

RomanTaylor
04-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Well they do care since any files with .torrent will not go through their server :)
I would try to make it legal, but once you let people to register and share their torrents you don't have as much control over your content anymore.
My host say that I've got unlimited everything including bandwidth and space, but I know they will find a little terms of use violation and will close my account once they see I use a lot of it.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum