View Full Version : PSD to Flash

t_arnold
04-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Ok, i have designed a website up in photoshop. Now i would like to make it a flash website. What is the easiest way to do this?? Will it keep the layer styles??

Or is it better to do some of the stuff in flash (animated stuff) and other in css and html?

gnomeontherun
04-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Well Photoshop is static and Flash is dynamic. I export any images in Photoshop to an appropriate compression, and split them into various images as needed. So if an image will be part of something moving, it has to be separate for animation, and so on.

Anything such as text, simple lines, that can be created in Flash should be rather than in Photoshop, IMO.

Also, I am always a fan of Flash being only the size that is required. If you have only a small section that is animated, then only put Flash there. Use HTML when possible.

t_arnold
04-24-2009, 03:10 AM
Sounds good to me. I am making it all HTML and just adding in flash where needed. Should be easier for me. Thanks

gnomeontherun
04-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Should be easier, and should be better experience for users, especially if Flash doesn't load or they don't have it!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum