View Full Version : My homepage

00XxXxX00
03-15-2003, 01:09 AM
Please give me some tips about my page please. its only been up for about 5 days.. but I still have alot to work on. Any tips would be great. the link is www.geocities.com/riwskate/index2

mouse
03-15-2003, 01:29 AM
The Flash intro should be centered. I'd also suggest having a skip button constantly on show in the corner of the movie.

The profile section is kinda unorderly; the first profile is a bit to the left of the others, also the white faded border is inconsistent on the images.

On your homepage the title image is something crazy like 200kb's :eek: Needs optimising.

00XxXxX00
03-15-2003, 01:45 AM
There is a skip intro button, ill fix up the other stuff

JimboS
03-15-2003, 09:22 AM
The black on dark blue is very difficult to read just below your banner heading.

Likewise I would suggest centralising the intro.

Jimbo

redhead
03-15-2003, 10:00 AM
stick to one font, dont mix them.

Quiet Storm
03-17-2003, 07:46 PM
.::RI Skate Photos::.
.::RI Skate Footage::.
.::Professional Footage::.
.::Skater Island Footage::.
.::RI Skate Tricktips::.
.::Professional Tricktips::.
.::Spot Check::.
.::RI Skater Profiles::.

00XxXxX00
03-18-2003, 09:59 PM
So? Thats just saying that its us doing the trick tips, our pics, not pros or anything.

ronaldb66
03-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Clean up your code if you can; i saw several (!) head and body elements, and style declarations in inappropriate places.
A properly formatted source should only hold one head element and one body element, and the style declarations should be in the head element.
Furthermore, see if you can make the layout fluid; it won't even fit in a maximised browser window at 800x600 res - although I can't see a reason why not, let alone anything smaller, and in a bigger window that would be wasting real estate.
The starting page layout (the one after the pointless splash... :rolleyes: ) is looking good, however subsequent pages could do with a little more unity in layout. And that monstrous BMP on the Events page is a definite no-no.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum