Hello there fellow CF memebers
Happy Easter to you to you all
As for the purpose of this thread
What can be done to further improve our website?
Your thoughts? Comments? Suggestion? Feedback?
LINK: reggaetonbeats.com (http://tinyurl.com/8h8599)
04-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Goodness. I'm afraid I'm going to have to be Cowellish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_cowell) here. I understand you're probably using a premade shopping cart/e-commerce application, but there are ways to design and arrange the elements so that it looks like more than just a template you slapped a few gradients and Photoshopped images into.
- First off, your code doesn't validate (http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reggaetonbeats.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0).
- Get a header of some kind in there. I have no idea what your site's about when I first arrive.
- Is there a reason why the center column is so narrow? I understand you might be wanting to accommodate low-resolution monitors, but I would bring it up to 700-800 pixels, at least. The kinds of people still clinging to their 640x480 monitors are not likely to be the kind of folks interesting in purchasing electronica online.
- Do you really want to stack the navigation vertically like that? It takes up way too much room for what it's doing and basically just looks like a coding error, especially since the area to the left and right of the text is just wasted space.
- The login area to the right of the content feels like it's just floating out there in neverland and like the navigation, just looks like you made a coding mistake and that's the reason it is where it is.
- Do you really need all those icons in the footer? They clash with the cool, digital-looking color scheme and are just plain ugly.
The overall color scheme and the font you use for "Add to Cart" jive well with (what I gather) is the purpose of the site. There's potential there, you just need a healthy dose of graphic design help to get it all in order. Hope that helps! :thumbsup:
04-22-2009, 08:14 AM
Clutter My god. My first reaction was 'cluttered'. Everything seems to be all messed up.
Excessive Flash You certainly like flash. My connection is very poor (1.5mbps) and the logo is still loading.
Sidear Your sidebar should really have a padding in the CSS, the text meets the content area.
Navigation Your navigation is vertical, which eats up your content space.I'd make it horizontal.
Errors, Errors, Errors Validate (http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reggaetonbeats.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0) your code. Most of your errors are flash-based errors.
05-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Wow. On the bright side, you have plenty of room for improvements.
1) Get a wider template. Your site is so narrow that I feel like I have vertigo.
2) Make a horizontal navigation. That or make the navigation on the side of the content... having it vertical AND on top of the content is ineffective at best, and just plain ugly at worst.
3) Lose the "Random Quote". It has nothing to do with your website.
4) All of your shopping cart items have the same photo. Do something about that. I'm begging you.
5) You need some sort of header graphic or logo. That music player thingy can be a part of it... but I need something to look at. It will help to give your site some sort of identity. Right now, I can't tell at first glance what your site is supposed to offer.
I'm not even going to look at your code until you do something with the layout and design.
05-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Its hard to see the text/links. the font color on black background can be white or yellow kind.. Horizontal menu would be good or if u need vertical put it on left side. The menu in middle is disturbing
I would say the manue might look better in the left side of the page. Too much black.Use some light colors to match the back the images would stand out on your webpage.