View Full Version : warning about hosting

04-11-2009, 05:07 PM
we use network solutions for our hosting and i just thought it a disservice to not let people like yourselves know how it is. It's the single worst business experience of my professional life. we experience a ridicules amount of down time. At one point after yet another call into customer service it was suggested that we should subscribe to a paid service (paid to Network Solutions) called watch dog. We did so and watch dog came back with sever unavailable all the time...we sent these reports to network solutions tech support and they finally came back with 'the server appears to be working correctly most of the time the problem must be watch dog'. It would be my recommendation to stay away from Network Solutions and would be interested to hear your recommendations for competent hosts. One more point i would like to make is that their site is somehow magically immune to these constant outages...? I would be happy to give you our URL by PM

04-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Why anybody would use an overpriced commercial host I don't know. Even as a domain registrar they are terribly overpriced.

I've been using www.hostrocket.com for several years for both my web development business and all my clients. Very reasonable price, feature packed and rarely a downtime and fast and experienced tech support.

04-12-2009, 01:37 AM
Yeah, another http://hostrocket.com user here. Unlimited storage/unlimited bandwidth, tech support is almost always less than 1 hour turnaround, no downtime (I've used watchdog before).
I just lucked out finding hostrocket years ago and have never even thought about looking elsewhere.

04-14-2009, 06:53 AM
I used hostmonster.com and they are cheap and reliable as well. can host unlimited domains too. They are very affordable.

04-14-2009, 07:44 AM
DreamHost FTW. They are super easy. Have not had a problem with them.

04-16-2009, 11:20 AM
I use Hostgator, and I've never had one problem. I used to be with another host, but that was a horrific experience. I'm much happier now!

04-17-2009, 09:59 AM
i have used blue host for about 1.5 years and it has been awesome. I have not had a problem thus far. I have not contacted their customer support because i have never had a problem. So i can't say if their customer support is good or not. anyway good luck