View Full Version : "Quote form" warns for no reason?

abduraooft
04-09-2009, 04:58 PM
When I click the Quote button, the resulting form has a message at the bottom,

You have selected 2 posts that are not part of this thread. Quote these posts as well, or deselect these posts.
(Attached a screen shot. )
What does that mean? :confused:

_Aerospace_Eng_
04-09-2009, 06:00 PM
You clicked the multi-quote button, the grayish one with a + sign. To quote a post you click the blue one on the left not the one in the middle.

abduraooft
04-10-2009, 10:00 AM
No. Just clicking the http://www.codingforums.com/images/buttons/quote.gif button under your post also shows the same message.

bazz
04-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi,

I could only replicate your issue, when I selected the + sign beneath your OP and that of Aero. then I went to another thread and just used the quote button. The error message displayed as you describe.

Maybe you selected the + sign in earlier threads either by accident or deliberately?

I'm not sure how to find the prev thread to reset the + sign so I expect I may need to end the session.

bazz

abduraooft
04-10-2009, 01:26 PM
I could only replicate your issue, when I selected the + sign beneath your OP and that of Aero. then I went to another thread and just used the quote button. The error message displayed as you describe. Ah.., I think it acts like a "copy to clip board" functionality. A new info to me and much useful.
Now I can easily quote the posts in a thread in a post of another thread. :)

Thanks.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum