View Full Version : Need Php, Ajax Coder from Chicagoland for Next Big Web Application

04-07-2009, 06:58 AM
1) Project Details: (be as specific as possible): Need help with programming a web application that involves Html, Css, Php, Ajax, and MySQL. This web application has immense potential to generate great traffic and venture capital for long-term growth.

2) Payment Amount: $20/Hour

3) Payment method/ details (Paypal, check? Timeline?): Check/Plan to release web application to public on 09.09.09

4) Additional Info (about project or potential bidders): This project may require a long-term commitent due to its great potential. Also, the programmer must be from the Chicagoland area in Illinois and must be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement and collaborate in person. If you are interested please e-mail us at NextBigWebApp@gmail.com. Thank You.

04-07-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm going to clarify that this is also related to another post, which evolved into this request.

I will not tolerate any discussion away from this offer.

04-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Additional Info (about project or potential bidders): This project may require a long-term commitent due to its great potential.
Have you got anything SMALL to get it done for you for the above specified offer? If so, please specify it here, and I may be interested.

04-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Sorry, but the web application I have designed using html, css, and java thus far may require extensive knowledge and commitment to utilizing php, ajax, and mysql once the features are implemented. It's quite a simple tool, but I need someone who is commited long term because we need to build upon the foundation of this web application over time due to its sheer potential. I do like your quote however lol. This dream is keeping me up way too long ;) ......

04-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Since this is a US based offer, I'm going to say that $20 / hr for a knowledgeable and committed programmer is a joke.

Average programmer "Salary" in the US is roughly $55k / year. Which translates to about $27 / hr. And that's WITH benefits and employer paid taxes. The rule of thumb is an independent contractor will charge twice a salaried rate to make up for loss of benefits and additional taxes. So to get a solid programmer, I'd expect to pay at least $50 - $55 / hr.

$20 / hr for an independent contractor is like $10 for a salaried position. I think most people on this board, and those living in the Chicago area, pull down at least twice that. Heck, I'll even bet McDonald's pays $10 / hr in Chicago.

Don't mean to be rude, but if you have a solid idea that you truly believe in, then there should be some money behind it.

04-08-2009, 06:03 AM
Actually, I'm only making $9/hr at my job right now and I live in Chicago, but I'll invest everything I have in order to get this project going. I'll pay $20+/Hr plus sweat equity in order to get this website up and running. This website can help so many people and I'm sure we'll get a ton of venture capitalists once its up. It's not a matter of if this web app will succeed, it's when. If there is anyone out there who believes me and lives in the Chicagoland area please email me at nextbigwebapp@gmail.com. Thanks a lot. I appreciate it. :o