View Full Version : Pop Up Menu not showing at all in IE

SammyMiss
04-06-2009, 07:48 PM
:confused: Sorry, i know it has probably been asked a thousand times, but i use dreamweaver 8 (old i know) and i am helping a friend create his site. Now for one menu choice only we have a drop down menu (ie you hover over it and it drops a list down). It works in the IE preview on dreamweaver, but not when actually viewed on site? I cant seem to find anything that i need to upload to the ftp server that would fix it, so any suggestions?

page is www.edenparkstud.com.au/home.html the drop list should be over the stallions.

Thanking you. ;)

Excavator
04-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Hello SammyMiss,
I hate to be the one to tell you but your dropdown isn't working in FF3, IE8 or IE7 either. You can't really depend on DreamWeaver's Design View as that is not really a browser at all. It's not going to acurately display what you're going to see when you look in a standards compliant browser like FireFox. (see the tagline in my sig below).

Anyway, when I look for mm_menu.js on your site I get a 404 error. Maybe your path is wrong or you just haven't uploaded it yet.
Right now, the path to your .js is http://www.edenparkstud.com.au/mm_menu.js

SammyMiss
04-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Hrmmm, ok. I will have to see if i can find something in my web files. If not i have no clue lol!

Thanks for the help.:thumbsup:

SammyMiss
04-06-2009, 08:44 PM
If it helps this is the code that is written in dreamweaver (i didnt write it, i just click buttons)

" <td width="198" background="../wood018.jpg"><div align="center"><a href="honalee.html" name="link2" id="link1" onmouseover="MM_showMenu(window.mm_menu_0406024100_0,0,31,null,'link2');MM_startTimeout()">STALLIONS</a></div></td> "

Excavator
04-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Search your local drive for mm_menu.js? I have no idea if DW provides that. If you find it, it needs to be uploaded to your server in the same directory as your .html file.
If you don't find it locally, it's readily available all over the place with a google search.

Have a look at some of these for more in-depth help - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mm_menu.js+dreamweaver

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum