View Full Version : Help search option toggle

nadec23
03-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to put a search option on my site where users can choose whether to use the search option to search the site itself or choose the google search option to search web in general. Like in friendster(dot)com, users can choose the friendster search option or the google web search anytime by just clicking the toggle tabs. Outcome is like this : Search: Web | Friendster..

If anyone can provide a code for this, it will really be much appreciated..:)

abduraooft
03-30-2009, 11:50 AM
www.google.com/cse

nadec23
03-30-2009, 12:06 PM
What I mean is, the toggle code for setting the options on search like in friendster(dot)com..

abduraooft
03-30-2009, 01:13 PM
They are setting the selected index of a hidden drop down as web, when we choose the web option, and then sending the submitted data to a G-CSE. When we choose to search within that site, on the other hand, they are making that drop down visible and then passing the submitted result to their own search page.

nadec23
04-01-2009, 09:56 AM
They are setting the selected index of a hidden drop down as web, when we choose the web option, and then sending the submitted data to a G-CSE. When we choose to search within that site, on the other hand, they are making that drop down visible and then passing the submitted result to their own search page.

so how do we gonna do it? maybe someone here can share a code..

abduraooft
04-01-2009, 10:02 AM
You may "view the source" in firefox, and/or use firebug to inspect the elements.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum