View Full Version : Resolved PEAR in Vista

03-26-2009, 03:48 AM
I could not get php to work with apache in vista, so I went ahead and installed wamp, hearing that it works. It does work with vista. I am starting to teach myself pear, and I cannot get it to work with wamp, I have seen some tutorials online, and followed them only to find that they don't work either.

I am a beginner to this stuff, so please use simple talk.
Any help getting pear to work would greatly be appreciated.

wamp just completely quit working, and some error message kept popping up and when you closed the window, it would pop up again. So, i restarted and ripped the program off the hard drive. Entirely. Now i'm starting over....any suggestions as to what I should use, maybe instead of wamp, all i need is apache, php + pear, and mysql.

03-26-2009, 06:31 AM
To be honest PEAR has never worked very well on Windows... regardless of version. However, I do know for a fact that WAMP and the PEAR version it installs works on Vista(because I just tested it). I would suggest you remove it completely, and undo any system changes you might have made from the tutorials you found. Then do a clean reinstall of WAMP, and try it. All I had to do(on my default WAMP install) was go into the CMD prompt, CD to the wamp\bin\php\php5.x.x and run "pear info", or "pear install channel://pear.php.net/SOAP-0.12.0".

03-27-2009, 05:06 AM
Thanks, I did a clean install but now I get this message

Warning: require_once(DB.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\learning\index.php on line 2

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DB.php' (include_path='.;C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.9-1\pear\') in C:\wamp\www\learning\index.php on line 2

when I look in the folder "C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.9-1\pear\" there is do DB.php file.

03-27-2009, 05:38 AM
Got it! Thanks for your help, but I remembered something from one of those tutorials I was aimlessly following...I ran the command

pear install DB
to install the DB package...all good now! thanks