View Full Version : Which type of webpage would look the most proffesional?

03-12-2003, 02:08 AM
A webpage designed completley using flash?
A webpage designed using only HTML and Java.
A webpage using a combination of both?

03-12-2003, 02:27 AM
Please, don't create webpages completely in Flash; they're very attractive, yes, as it was the apple in the paradise...

moral lesson: Flash is evil

Java - no!

Professional page= good design, easiness of navigation, HTML, javascript, and... ok, some -single- Flash animations accepted

03-12-2003, 04:10 AM
an entire flash site, sounds like a window i would be closing quickly, i say make your site with HTML, then later on use CSS to customize, javascript ect. use as needed.
if you use flash, then make it small and non-intrusive.
java, hmm i dont see much of that anymore for sites, reminds me of flash! lol.
just my opinion ;)

assuming the user didnt know what was going on (no techie) then a quick to load and function flash site could be impressive.

03-12-2003, 05:51 AM
The answer is 'it depends on how the site looks'.
What I mean by that is you could have each of what you described look very professional.

The only thing definitly not to do is make the whole site in flash. Reason being it's horrible for search engines to crawl seeing as they can't read flash so you basically won't get anyhits other than your domain name keyword.

03-12-2003, 06:20 AM
It seems like a very broad question... the best answer was already given... use html, css, etc.

What would make it "professional" would be: a good design, easy to use interface, a site that is fairly cross-compatible with other browsers, and one that conforms with coding standards.