View Full Version : Clearing element with distance

03-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Odd subject I know ... Sorry about that I couldn't think of anything...

Dev pages

I kind of designed myself in a small corner - fixable I'm sure but thought I would get some opinions.

The image of the lady with the nice smile is a background image for the #wrapper. Most pages will have an introductory paragraph or 2 before the "meat" of the page. In this case the "meat" is the form. My problem is that for each page I need to clear that background image. If the introductory paragraph is tall enough there is no problem. But if it's not, or if visitors alter their text the form legend could intrude on the image.

I'm just wondering if there is a way to set this up to where, the form in this case, could use a top margin from static source to insure it's position below the bg image. Or maybe there is a better way?

I'm open to suggestions - and would be very grateful to hear them. :)

03-13-2009, 02:25 AM
Hello Daf,
It would seem a min-height setting on .homeIndent would stop the form from coming up even if there was no text.
You will have to do a little extra work for IE6 to recognize a min-height setting - http://www.dustindiaz.com/min-height-fast-hack/

03-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Excellent! On 2 counts. 1 - that seems like a good solution, and 2 - I needed to educate myself on that particular property. :thumbsup:

Thanks, too, for the link to the IE6 fix - you know that was coming! ;)

Take care!