View Full Version : AJAX Overflow Error in IE 7

pmdaniel
03-10-2009, 02:26 PM
I get an error (Microsoft JScript runtime error: Overflow) in the ScriptResource.axd file (see code snippet below) where the "value" is set to NaN. I click on a link that launches a modal popup extender when this error occurs. This works fine in IE 6 and Firefox.

ScriptResource.axd
setElementOpacity : function(element, value) {
if (!element) {
throw Error.argumentNull('element');}
if (element.filters) {
var filters = element.filters;var createFilter = true;if (filters.length !== 0) {
var alphaFilter = filters['DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha'];if (alphaFilter) {
createFilter = false;alphaFilter.opacity = value * 100;}
}

I have done some research and from what I had been seeing out there, I had been focusing on the opacity style setting for modal pop.

The element.id = ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_Holdings1_ctl06_pnlColumnEditor and the element.class = "ColumnPickerBody"

I did set the opcatiy in the ColumnPickerBody to no avail, so I took it back out. I had this working at one point, but a lot has changed since then and I obviously can't locate the issue now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

.ColumnPickerBody
{
z-index: 3;
height:450px;
border:1px solid black;
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 8pt;
color: #000000;
font-weight: normal;
}

.ColumnPickerModalBackground
{
background-color:Gray;
filter:alpha(opacity=70);
opacity:0.7;
z-index: 3;
}

pmdaniel
03-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Resolved issue. It was with FusionCharts on the page and it's chartid was set to null. The JS error was completely misleading down the wrong path.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum