View Full Version : AJAX Overflow Error in IE 7

03-10-2009, 03:26 PM
I get an error (Microsoft JScript runtime error: Overflow) in the ScriptResource.axd file (see code snippet below) where the "value" is set to NaN. I click on a link that launches a modal popup extender when this error occurs. This works fine in IE 6 and Firefox.

setElementOpacity : function(element, value) {
if (!element) {
throw Error.argumentNull('element');}
if (element.filters) {
var filters = element.filters;var createFilter = true;if (filters.length !== 0) {
var alphaFilter = filters['DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha'];if (alphaFilter) {
createFilter = false;alphaFilter.opacity = value * 100;}

I have done some research and from what I had been seeing out there, I had been focusing on the opacity style setting for modal pop.

The element.id = ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_Holdings1_ctl06_pnlColumnEditor and the element.class = "ColumnPickerBody"

I did set the opcatiy in the ColumnPickerBody to no avail, so I took it back out. I had this working at one point, but a lot has changed since then and I obviously can't locate the issue now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

z-index: 3;
border:1px solid black;
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 8pt;
color: #000000;
font-weight: normal;

z-index: 3;

03-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Resolved issue. It was with FusionCharts on the page and it's chartid was set to null. The JS error was completely misleading down the wrong path.