View Full Version : I need help with iframes !

Brandon Beverly
03-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Okay sooo, Here is a Screen shot of what I have so far .

http://i41.tinypic.com/n2nwxh.jpg

See the Navigation ?

I want it to make it so I can click one of them and have the content show up in the iFrame

Also when you go to the link that i'm going to get, that is to the website, have a main page with information on it or something or a picture i dont know yet, but so its not like it is in the picture . (ABOVE .)

I realllly need help with this !

Please someone reply asap :).

CaptainB
03-06-2009, 09:40 PM
For the last question:
If you want to have like a 'welcome page' with only a picture or something, make a html document and name it 'index'. Then it will show up as the main page when you enter your site adress.

PitbullMean
03-06-2009, 09:40 PM
http://www.htmlite.com/lite021.php

This link should help you with what you need bud.

Brandon Beverly
03-06-2009, 09:44 PM
okay but if i do that and name it index and save it into my documents or something how does it show up ?

gah, this is so confusing but i want to accomplish it sooo bad .

:(

I need to like learn how to make it so when you click a navigation picture it shows up below!

jerry62704
03-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Your browser will automatically pick the file "index.htm" (or html) as the first page displayed when someone goes to your site. If you have PHP active, you might name the page "index.php" and there are ways to change it, but the default is what 99% of the sites have.

Brandon Beverly
03-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Your browser will automatically pick the file "index.htm" (or html) as the first page displayed when someone goes to your site. If you have PHP active, you might name the page "index.php" and there are ways to change it, but the default is what 99% of the sites have.

Even if I save it just in my documents !?

the code i have like idk how to make it soo when anyone goes to the website it is just the "index.htm" file .

i dont know how to make the navigation when clicked show up in the iFrame either!!!

Helpppp <3

jerry62704
03-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Don't care for iFrames after using frames back in the mid-90s. But you just upload your main (introductory) file to your server. That file is named "index." with html or htm or PHP as the extension.

Iframes are discussed here. (http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_iframe.asp)

Brandon Beverly
03-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Don't care for iFrames after using frames back in the mid-90s. But you just upload your main (introductory) file to your server. That file is named "index." with html or htm or PHP as the extension.

Iframes are discussed here. (http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_iframe.asp)

Alright I still don't understand how to make the iFrames linkable with the navigation buttons .

If you don't like iFrames, what else could i use :(?

jerry62704
03-06-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm guessing you have to use javascript to change the contents of the iframe dynamically.

Your purpose is to have another page inside of your page? Or just other content?

Brandon Beverly
03-06-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm guessing you have to use javascript to change the contents of the iframe dynamically.

Your purpose is to have another page inside of your page? Or just other content?

What I want is;

When you Click one of the Navigation buttons I made above the iFrame that I have is, like when i click say "About Me" content will show up in the iFrame not another webpage .

jerry62704
03-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Going out the door, but you can do that with javascript or css. Depending on your comfort, pick your poison.

Brandon Beverly
03-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Going out the door, but you can do that with javascript or css. Depending on your comfort, pick your poison.

but, i dont know how to code it to make a nav button when you click it to show up in the iFrame ! :'(

Apostropartheid
03-06-2009, 11:16 PM
The method you're looking for is the target attribute of the a element. However, this is very bad practice nowadays. It definitely won't help you with search engines. It's so much better all around if you just link to another page.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum