View Full Version : Wrong forum- Is it OK to 'report'?

abduraooft
03-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

AFAIK, whenever we make a mistake to choose the right forum, we can request the moderator of the forum via PM to move it to the right location. I have given many replays to the OPs for such threads accordingly.

Would it be OKay to report such threads, since asking/following the other option is not so easy?

Reminder: Be sure to use a descriptive title for your question that summarizes it. If your post includes code, wrap it around using the [CODE] tag for multi-line code, and the [ICODE] tag for inline code that's part of a sentence.
Sigh!:thumbsup:

oracleguy
03-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I personally don't have a problem with you doing that.

oesxyl
03-05-2009, 07:46 PM
AFAIK, whenever we make a mistake to choose the right forum, we can request the moderator of the forum via PM to move it to the right location. I have given many replays to the OPs for such threads accordingly.

Would it be OKay to report such threads, since asking/following the other option is not so easy?

Sigh!:thumbsup:
I report many times threads which don't follow the rules for two reason. First I trust moderators and I'm sure that they don't give infraction for such a minor thing but they help user to do what they must do.
Second I guess this help moderators since they can't read all threads in a forum like that.

best regards

WA
03-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Sure thing. Reporting a thread doesn't have to be because the thread has broken the rules in some way. It could be for other issues such as posted in the wrong category. To make it easier for us mods and admins though, in the Notes Section, just include something like "Posted in wrong category".

VIPStephan
03-06-2009, 03:07 PM
I have always been doing that and never got hate mail from a moderator because of that. :)

abduraooft
03-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Alright! :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum