View Full Version : Firefox = fine...IE=problems

pennella
03-04-2009, 01:41 AM
Hi, could someone take a look at my site: www.firepilotmedia.com/services.html

If you view the page in FF, itt works fine; if you view the page in IE, the tables all over the place.

Help plz =)
thanks ahead of time

Excavator
03-04-2009, 02:12 AM
Holy Cow! I've never seen that many errors.
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.firepilotmedia.com/services.html :eek:

I'm sorry pennella, I don't mean to sound rude...
Check out the links about validating in my sig below. Also, the suggestion about checking your code while developing so you can fix things along the way instead of getting slammed like this.

PitbullMean
03-04-2009, 03:05 AM
its mainly small stupid errors like adding alt="" to ur images

pennella
03-04-2009, 03:06 AM
The tables get screwed up in IE. It has nothing to do with the alt tags. I dont know what it is tho

pennella
03-04-2009, 03:09 AM
the majority of errors are the alt tags

Excavator
03-04-2009, 04:20 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that alt tag errors were breaking your page. I was only commenting on the shear volume of errors, seriously, that is some kind of record.
Along with all those errors though, there are 60+ omitted end tags that could be causing problems.

Then there are basic errors like putting .box set at height:600px; in .mid which is height:408px;
depricated tags like <center>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; where margin should be used

You should also have a look at the link in my sig about tables.

drhowarddrfine
03-04-2009, 04:37 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that alt tag errors were breaking your page. I was only commenting on the shear volume of errors, seriously, that is some kind of record.The record for me, that I've seen on forums, is just over 3000 errors. I have seen a handful in the 2000 range and double that in the 1000 range.

Despite the 'alt' tag errors, I don't see 1000 or so images, so I question where all those alts are coming from and why they are there. If it's because the images need to be sliced up to fit in the table, then there are a lot more problems than that.
Along with all those errors though, there are 60+ omitted end tags that could be causing problems.

Then there are basic errors like putting .box set at height:600px; in .mid which is height:408px;
depricated tags like <center>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; where margin should be used

You should also have a look at the link in my sig about tables.[/QUOTE]

pennella
03-04-2009, 05:23 AM
Hey thanks a lot guys.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum