View Full Version : Help me make a form

02-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Hi, I want to make a generator type thing, where the user types in something, then it generates a bundle of stuff.
So what I want to know is ways that I can do this, and if possible, how I can do this... source code is very useful cause I've learnt to make dynamic pages today and my brain cant hold much more :(
I was hoping that when they type in some info it generators some BBCode specific to their values

I was thinking of this...
A little textbox to put info into, ie textarea, they type in google.com for example, then it redirects them to hXXp://mysite/page.ext?info=google.com
When the page hXXp://mysite/page.ext?info=google.com is visited, the page contains...

Hopefully you understand what I want to do :)
I did try this myself but doing something along the lines of

print "$_GET['ID']";

But without joy.

If ya really want I'll send you a $ through paypal if you get it right :)

02-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Not too sure I understand what u mean, are u trying to make a password generator or an email form or what exactly are you after.

02-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Ok, I'll tell you exactly what it is.

A BB Code generator, they type in their "id" for the game and then hit submit or whatever, then it generates a bbcode reletive to what they typed in

For exapmle, they type in 377 as their id, then the "generator" brings up a page containing a string of BBCode, most is fixed, id is what is set by the "id" they type in:

So they typed in 377 as their ID and then it added it to the text thing and it came up like that above :)