View Full Version : XML parsing error?

MarkstarDJ
02-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi guys, I downloaded a trial version of Dreamweaver CS4 which was downloaded from the adobe website and once i try installing it it comes up with 'please delete current menus.xml file and then rename menus.bak file to menus.xml'. Once I tried that the new renamed xml file has the same problem as the old one. Now, When i opened up the file in Firefox it came up with an XML Parsing error, which is how I came to this forum. The exact error is as below:

XML Parsing Error: prefix not bound to a namespace
Location: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Dreamweaver%20CS4/configuration/Menus/menus.xml
Line Number 12, Column 5: <shortcut mmstring:name="menus/DWShortcuts_Main_Quit" key="Opt+F4" command="dw.quitApplication()" id="DWShortcuts_Main_Quit" />
----^

I'm guessing It's a coding error on Adobe's side, although the same installation has worked on a friends Vista machine. I am running win XP SP3. so can anyone offer an insight/possible solution? I've already tried the following methods:

CS4 clean script on Adobe website
Microsoft installer clean up
uninstall and reinstall all CS4/adobe products
deleting Cache.db
deleting Macromedia 9 folder
deleting faulty line in menus.xml file

If it is a simple job of editing the text then I'm fully prepared to do it, although I wouldn't know what to edit and how to edit it! Thanks guys.

ronron5477
02-25-2009, 07:56 PM
have you tried posting the problem on the adobe forums? this sounds more like an application problem, then an xml problem.
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/index.cfm?forumid=12

MarkstarDJ
02-25-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm new to the whole idea of forums, so I have not done so yet. I'll give that a go now Thanks for the quick reply!

oesxyl
02-26-2009, 12:46 AM
have you tried posting the problem on the adobe forums? this sounds more like an application problem, then an xml problem.
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/index.cfm?forumid=12
no, is not a application problem

I'm new to the whole idea of forums, so I have not done so yet. I'll give that a go now Thanks for the quick reply!
xml is malformated, you use a prefix but don't define the namespace for it.

regards

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum