View Full Version : Table-like CSS

slurmdog
02-25-2009, 06:41 PM
I am trying to accomplish what this website has accomplished: http://www.big-boards.com/kw/basketball/ (Specifically, the part where they list the forum names, that alternate between orange and yellow).

While I can look at their CSS and make a general conclusion to how they did this, I am wondering if there's a simple example somewhere, someone might know. :thumbsup:

I tried to hand-code a similar thing, but the lines were spaced apart, and I want them to look joined (as in page linked above).

Thanks!

Rowsdower!
02-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Using margin:0;padding:0; in the table's CSS should do the trick to avoid gaps between lines. Is this what you're talking about?

And the alternating colors are accomplished by using classes "rankline1" and "rankline2" in alternating order on the <tr> tags (which I guess you saw?).

I'm a little confused about what question you are asking here...

slurmdog
02-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Using margin:0;padding:0; in the table's CSS should do the trick to avoid gaps between lines. Is this what you're talking about?

And the alternating colors are accomplished by using classes "rankline1" and "rankline2" in alternating order on the <tr> tags (which I guess you saw?).

I'm a little confused about what question you are asking here...

After further examination, I noticed they ARE using tables (at first glance, i didn't think they were).

Since I know most here are anti-table, is it safe to use tables on projects like such?

PitbullMean
02-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Using Tables is safe just as long as ur not using it for the site layout, just for tubular data.

Rowsdower!
02-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Using Tables is safe just as long as ur not using it for the site layout, just for tubular data.

Yeah, what he said... This is one of those rare occassions where it would be semantically appropriate.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum