View Full Version : Onclick Event Hander / Internet Explorer Compatibility

`Jeremy
02-22-2009, 08:16 PM
My first issue is that I need to be able to have my script change the onclick event in both Firefox and Internet Explorer. However, Internet Explorer has been a jerk about this issue. The only method that works in IE that I have found so far is document.getElementById('div'+id).onclick = function () { functionName(id); };. Unfortunately, this method does not work because I need to loop this command. In doing so, it leaves all of the onclicks' paramaters to be whatever id was last set to in the loop.

----

My second issue is hiding table rows. I'm looping this line: if (document.getElementById('queue'+id)) document.getElementById('queue'+id).className = 'noshow';. The CSS for noshow is .noshow {display:none;}. However, IE doesn't seem to want to hide the rows sometimes, but FF always does.

Any help for either issue is much appreciated.

A1ien51
02-23-2009, 04:31 AM
Well an easy solution is to use this

document.getElementById('div'+id).onclick = function () { functionName(this.id); };

If you check out my post here: http://www.coderanch.com/t/119917/HTML-JavaScript/Scope-Chain-Closures#594446 You can see solutions to make it work without using this [but using "this" is your best solution]

Eric

A1ien51
02-23-2009, 04:33 AM
For your second issue, have you used the Web Developer Toolbar and inspect the elements that are not being hidden and see if the class is being added?

Eric

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum