View Full Version : Make page more inviting

rickfink
02-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Working on this site and I like the template but I'm tying to make it more inviting, any ideas? Not very creative here..

www.baysidesuperior.org/Bayside/ministries.html

thanks!

David-0324
02-22-2009, 12:17 AM
When I visited the site, the colors did not seem very church-like
Particularly the dark grey bar on the top.

optimus203
02-22-2009, 05:21 AM
I agree. I think the gray needs to be more of a muted color.

rickfink
02-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Would maybe a dark brown be good?

How about the sidebars on the bottom section, the bottom half just doesn't seem appealing to me to read.

zooeyglass
02-25-2009, 10:58 AM
the font color in the banner isn't white is it? it kind of drowns in all the gray on the banner.

DarkLightA
02-25-2009, 03:42 PM
I think it would be good to have orange/red/brown instead of gray. Otherwise it's very nice.

Avril
02-26-2009, 07:13 AM
Hi!
It is a bit too formal. At the risk of sounding too radical, for a church, I suggest using colours that are more 'heavenly', like blue. The background colour for the header could be a radial gradient in sky-blue + white, or even use a photograph of the church spire itself against a blue/soft grey sky as background. The body to match in navy-blue. The navbar buttons seem to be too short. Since they are fixed-width, I suggest you adjust the width to fit the width of the text. I.e., the left and right margins of the text in the centre.

Voil, for what it's worth.

Good luck!

Relight
02-26-2009, 07:22 AM
I would limit the width of the green bar underneath the menu bar and the bottom gray bar with the address information. On a widescreen monitor or even a larger non-wide monitor, it creates more of a feeling of distracting whitespace. If those bars were just slightly wider than the main content area, it would focus the viewer's attention more.

Also on the home page, the Sermon Series "box" and the "Sermons" and "News & Events" tabs both extend beyond the width of the top menu, making the page feel off-balanced.

I don't really mind the colors, but that's always a personal preference. I like the changing / animating image on the homepage. I like the overall clean and simple look to the design.

In some browsers, when you switch back and forth between sections, the page shifts to the left and back to the right depending on if the page needs to scroll, because the browser adds the scroll bar on the right hand side and shifts the content. You can make the scroll bar always present even if it's not active on a page, so that browsers will not shift your content area which I do not like.

Anyway, that's just a bit of feedback. Good luck with your site!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum