View Full Version : JavaScript problems in IE

natemhanson
02-19-2009, 09:02 PM
I finished coding http://natehansonmusic.com and it obviously looks great in FireFox and Chrome. In most versions of IE, however, the page won't even load (it gives a pop-up error.) In the versions of IE that do load the page, they don't display the Google FriendConnect or Twitter portions on my sidebar (nor the Feedburner JavaScript I use to have my blog reposted in /blog.php)

So, basically, all the JavaScript is having problems and forcing my site to not display at all (or, in some cases, just not display the JavaScript.)

Please help asap: http://natehansonmusic.com

ohgod
02-19-2009, 09:34 PM
loads in IE7 w\o error

natemhanson
02-19-2009, 09:46 PM
loads in IE7 w\o error

It doesn't load anything under "Fans" and "Twitter" where two JavaScripts are supposed to execute.

natemhanson
02-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Any suggestions anyone?

Rowsdower!
02-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Hello an welcome to the forums.

I don't see the sections called "fans" or "twitter" in either FF2.x or IE7. What FF are you testing in?

IE's Javascript error message says this:
Line: 2
Char: 524
Error: 'document.getElementById(...)' is null or not an object

In short, it looks to me like you have an error in your javascript that is preventing it from running the sidebar at all in at least the two browsers mentioned above.

This would mean it isn't really a cross-browser issue. You probably need to review your script and debug it comletely. A better place to do that would be the Java forum. Ask a moderator to move your thread there.

ohgod
02-20-2009, 07:01 PM
I don't see the sections called "fans" or "twitter" in either FF2.x or IE7.

yeah, not even seeing those sections

A better place to do that would be the Javascript forum. Ask a moderator to move your thread

natemhanson
02-21-2009, 06:47 AM
I had to pull those two sections as my link was going to be read on the radio about an hour after my first post -- so, it had to work in people's browsers. Basically, it's a problem with IE not loading the Google Friend Connect javascript and the Twitter javascript widget.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum