View Full Version : please review my 1st logo attempt

LJackson
02-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi All,

Well i finally did it, after several months of debating whether or not to create my own or get someone to do it for me, and what i should include to relate it to my website which was the most difficult part.

here is my logo its my first attempt and i used this (http://www.webdesign.org/web/photoshop/drawing-techniques/shopping-mall-logo.9550.html)tutorial. Its not great but its a start, i may still decide to get someone to do it professionally but we'll see :)

http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/LOGO.jpg

i would like to add more detail to the bags and somehow incorperate the cornish flag

http://www.keasts.org.uk/cornish_flag.gif

any feed back would be very much appreciated good or bad

thanks all

my old "logo" can be found here (http://www.kernow-connect.com)

thanks
Luke

BoldUlysses
02-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Wow, that looks great! Much, much better than your first attempt. Looks like you found a good tutorial too.

My only real recommendation would be to consider a contrasting font for your slogan that would set it off as such.

As far as the flag, maybe on one of the bags? The black and white of it is rather harsh and clashes with the softer gradients on the bags, though.

LJackson
02-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi msuffern,

Thank you v. much for your feedback you example looks nice and i see what you mean about having a different style for the slogan. I will be amending that shortly :)

as for the flag i will play around see if i can incorporate it, if you can think of any other ways i could incorporate it, i was thinking of having the flag as a watermark maybe, either over or beneath the current logo or maybe just the text?

many thaks mate
appreciate your time and helpful comments

Luke

LJackson
02-19-2009, 08:37 PM
p.s is the slogan suitable?

or should it be for the smarter shopper or something else?

feedback please
thanks

BoldUlysses
02-19-2009, 09:08 PM
I think the slogan is fine. Long-ish site name + shorter slogan = good. It's simple, to the point, and carries the implication that the site users can congratulate themselves on being "smart shoppers" if they use your site. :)

LJackson
02-19-2009, 09:22 PM
cool thanks for the feedback mate really appreciate it :)

LJackson
02-19-2009, 09:48 PM
ok here is the updated one, i have tried to align everything so that it looks as proffessional as i can make it :)

thoughts.....

http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/logo2.jpg

cheers

PappaJohn
02-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Nice. I think it will work much better with your site. Nice job integrating the Cornish flag - it's there for anyone who recognizes it but doesn't overpower the logo.

If it were mine, I think I might try adding some items sticking out of the top of the bags (ie: the 'smart' shopper found some good deals at Kernow Connect!). They could be just boxes or other nondescript items, and, if you're into some more work - the bags could be made to look like they're bulging with purchases.

bazz
02-20-2009, 02:06 AM
I have to prefix this with ~ I am not a graphics person but I do not a bit about marketing.

I like the image but not for your logo. I think it is now a bit busy and when that happens a lot of customers can lose the message - the most important thing on your pages.

I would suggest you use the bag as your 'background image' anbd put the Cornish flag on it as well as your strapline. In this way, you could have a much more impacting logo with the following additional benfits: -

1. increased power of message from smaller logo
2. less page estate used
3. clearer, more concise message

hth

bazz

LJackson
02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Nice. I think it will work much better with your site. Nice job integrating the Cornish flag - it's there for anyone who recognizes it but doesn't overpower the logo.

If it were mine, I think I might try adding some items sticking out of the top of the bags (ie: the 'smart' shopper found some good deals at Kernow Connect!). They could be just boxes or other nondescript items, and, if you're into some more work - the bags could be made to look like they're bulging with purchases.

thanks for you comments PappaJohn, i like the idea of adding items sticking out of the bags its something that i will try to incoporate into it. as for making the bags buldge i like the idea also but i dont think i am that adapt at using photoshop to pull that off :) but there is no harm trying :)

many thanks
Luke

LJackson
02-20-2009, 01:34 PM
I have to prefix this with ~ I am not a graphics person but I do not a bit about marketing.

I like the image but not for your logo. I think it is now a bit busy and when that happens a lot of customers can lose the message - the most important thing on your pages.

I would suggest you use the bag as your 'background image' anbd put the Cornish flag on it as well as your strapline. In this way, you could have a much more impacting logo with the following additional benfits: -

1. increased power of message from smaller logo
2. less page estate used
3. clearer, more concise message

hth

bazz

Hi Bazz, thanks for your comments, i must admit i was a little worried about having too much stuff on my logo, the cornish flag as a background is just one possibility i came up with, however i like the thought of having the flag as a design on the bags them self but again it comes down to ability and whether or not i can accomplish it :)

cheers
Luke

LJackson
02-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi, i have managed to put the flag as a design on the bag but it looks very basic and i am having difficulty adding a layer over the flag design so that i can add some colour but have the flag still show, so maybe a semi transparent object which has some detail on it to make the bag look nicer. any ideas

here is the new bag
http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/logotestcut.jpg

gnomeontherun
02-20-2009, 02:36 PM
I would use one bag. Simple simple simple. Logos are mini billboards, you want the message to be clean and clear because if they only get a fleeting glance you want to make that impression.

bazz has some good points I think (not bad for a non-designer). Here are a few tests you should put your logo through.

1) Zoom out far and see how legible it is at 50% and 25%.
2) Zoom in far and see what the important things are at 200% and 400%.
3) Make a version for a favicon.
4) Make a version that uses only text, and a version that uses only graphics.

These few ideas can help spark your logo creation and find some of the weak spots. I challenge you to test this out, and post back if you can. I have some ideas too, but I think this would be a great exercise!

LJackson
02-20-2009, 03:04 PM
um interesting.....

with this logo design

http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/logo4.jpg

following the above tests

at 50% the bag is clearly visible as is the title kernow connect the slogan however is not as easy to read but you can just about :(

at 25% the bag and the title can be made out but the slogan is very difficult to read

im not 100% sure what you mean by saying "Make a version that uses only text, and a version that uses only graphics" if you could please elaberate on this, thanks

so very interesting ideas and checks there thank you
Luke

bazz
02-20-2009, 03:24 PM
I would use one bag. Simple simple simple. Logos are mini billboards, you want the message to be clean and clear because if they only get a fleeting glance you want to make that impression.

yep dats wot I meant

[quote]
1) Zoom out far and see how legible it is at 50% and 25%.
2) Zoom in far and see what the important things are at 200% and 400%.
3) Make a version for a favicon.
4) Make a version that uses only text, and a version that uses only graphics.

These few ideas can help spark your logo creation and find some of the weak spots.
[/qoute]

there speaketh the designer. I wouldn't have known to mention any of those 4 points.

One thing I would throw into the mix is in relation to your strapline.

smart can mean different things in different places. smart 4rse being just one. maybe you might consider alternatives

1. kernow connect : shop smarter
2. kernow connect : smarter shopping
3. kernow connect for the smarter shopper
4. shop smarter : kernow connect

maybe theoretical but, extending the word-association game to phrase association you want to associate your shop name with the strapline?

bazz

BoldUlysses
02-20-2009, 03:38 PM
This is turning into a good thread on logo design.

Jeremy's point about simplicity is well-made. When he says

Make a version that uses only text, and a version that uses only graphics

his intent (I believe) is to help you create a flexible logo that can be used in many places and in many different ways without compromising the strength of the graphic identity.

Check out this page (http://www.virginia.edu/uvalogo/identity/) (incidentally part of one of the best sites (http://www.virginia.edu/) I've ever seen).

Notice how the text and graphic element complement each other and can be used together, or just the graphic (as in the favicon) or just the text (at the top right of this page (http://www.virginia.edu/uvalogo/)).

Your logo has a great start: Good typography and a graphic element with a lot of potential. I like the way you've put the flag on the bag. Nice. But in keeping with the above advice, I would consider moving the (good) slogan elsewhere on the page (maybe the right side of the eventual header?). Just the bag and the text would make a good, strong logo that would lend itself to a lot of different applications.

LJackson
02-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Hi msuffern,

i understand what your saying and the examples are great i am currently creating a group of logos text and graphical to get an idea of what looks good and what doesnt.

one of my main worries at the moment is that with the image being black and white and the text being black it seems to be a bit boring, i was thinking of having a few items in and around the bag as advised above, which can add colour?

do you think it will help?

cheers
Luke

LJackson
02-20-2009, 04:16 PM
ok here are some of my ideas :( lol

http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/logobrainstorm.jpg

which one do you like and why and any suggestions welcomed :)

just for easyness logos left to right 1-4

BoldUlysses
02-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Hi Luke,

I think these are winners. Though they all look good: They reference shopping, the region, are simple, clean, versatile and appealing.

bazz
02-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Most of those are pretty good.

When I suggested using the bag as the basis, I was thinking along the lines of a supermarket. You are a shop, like they are. and so there are a lot of tips you can pick up from them because they have multi-million pound marketing budgets.

They have very strong branding in their bags. if it didn't work, they wouldn't all be doing it. make the brand for your bag and use that design as your logo. then use 'smarter shopping' (or whatever it will be), as your strapline.

Remember,
'every little helps'
'try something new today'
'your M&S'
''

ok I suppose I have to acknowledge copyright of those to their respective companies: in respective order,

Tesco
Sainsburys
M&S
Waitrose :D (couldn't see theirs)

Those straplines may or may not be on the bag (I think they are (!)) but look how simple their logos are. I know you want to show the cornish link but weigh up the downsides. black is not good in logos. Is black for funerals? is black for boring stuff? is black for old stuff?

hmmm: why is it used in that flag then? :confused: Cornwall is lovely/cool/good

Of the ones you have chosen I would use bottom left. But had I a choice/were I you, I would do a bag tih the flag and the info on it - just like the real bag could be. I think if you do that, your bags will be very productive marketing tools as well AND the online logo will be even more powerful.

Anyway, I hope that has given you food for thought.

bazz

LJackson
02-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Hi Bazz,

that has defo given me food for thought thank you, :)

however i dont see my site being like tesco/Sainsburys etc (i relise that these were just examples)but more like play.com or something like that as i am not selling my stuff i am promoting the top offers/new releases/products from an array of top stores plus providing discount codes "smart shopper" getting stuff cheaper. not sure if this affects the logo design or not.

but i like your way of thinking and youve been a big help so far as you all have :)

does the site description affect the logo in any way?

many thanks

gnomeontherun
02-21-2009, 11:05 AM
bazz, you might not understand how good it is to have feedback from a non-designer, because after so long you see things in a different light and might not be as obvious or helpful. Thanks for your help!

I had never heard the term 'strapline' until I was in London with designers. Just FYI, its a 'tagline' in the States.

To the issue at hand, my tests were to give you a range of logo options and to help clear up some of the unneccesary parts of the logo. I like how you took out the 'strapline' in most of them, I think it should be near but not part of the logo. Also I would remove the ..., it just doesn't enhance anything IMO.

You want some color, and this I don't disagree with. I'd suggest something simple. You currently have a blue handle, but you don't have anything IN the bag far as we can tell. You could have some little sparks coming out or something, that I don't know, but you have a clear space that usually has another element (bags usually have something in them!) so think how you might be able to use that.

I personally don't like logos that separate the text because its takes more time to process. I like logos that are usually horizontal rather than square, but that is often so they fit into a web layout better. Again thats opinion.

The strapline font leaves something to be desired. Its not clear if it is a slightly rugged font, clean, or what personality it gives IMO. However, clients often have a huge opinion on fonts (which sometimes I have to defend my thoughts) so take that as you wish.

I really like the bag as it is, for your first logo I find your work to have great potential. Keep it up!

LJackson
02-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks mate really appreciate it,

i will have a play around to get some "stuff" coming out of the bag :)

cheers
Luke

bazz
02-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the kind words, jeremy.

bazz

LJackson
02-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Hi All, I am having trouble adding stuff in the bag and making it bulge :( does anyone know of any tutorials that can help, ive checked google but havent found anything.

what else can i add to improve the logo but not overpower it?

and 1 other thing what is the benifit of not including the strapline in the logo? and if you can give me an example of how to place it on a page away from the logo where it will have maximum impact. its something im struggling with as i think my logo/title looks better with the strapline underneeth? as below

http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/logo4.jpg

thanks
Luke

Apostropartheid
02-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Is it just me, or does the vertical stripe look a bit off? The offset from top right is a bit too long. It's slightly disconcerting.

LJackson
02-21-2009, 09:51 PM
is this better?

http://kernow-connect.com/images/newlogo.jpg

gnomeontherun
02-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Drop the ... and I would think the tagline might need a slightly cleaner font. My thoughts I guess.

Is your main font Hobo Std? I think I just used it.

LJackson
02-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi Jeremy,

yes it is Hobo Std :) i thought it looked powerful and striking lol

the strapline font can defo be improved and the ... i will look at removing it. :)

any more advice?

thanks mate
Luke

LJackson
02-21-2009, 11:33 PM
what about this one is it better with the smart underlined?

http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/newlogo2.gif

1 problem im having is whn setting the background to transparent it seems to make the font look messy is there a way of avoiding this?

cheers

bazz
02-21-2009, 11:48 PM
I would think you need ask ordinary people what they think. the customers, to whom the branding will make the difference, can give the better feedback. Note I didn't say best! ;) (smart / smarter)

Most people around here ~ whilst very knowledgable ~ are not your normal customer and so their interpretation/impressions wil be different from thsoe whom you are aiming this at. Speak to your known clients/customers/business colleagues.

To respond to your question, I hagve to say that you are in the same position I was in a while back. I had an idea for a logo and I was trying to make it jump out at me and look impressive. I can never achieve that because It changes from early design to finished design so slowly, there can be no wow factor. And as far as I know, it isn't meant to have a wow factor.

Is it meant to be distinctive? is it distinctive?
what message should it convey? does it convey that?
In the world of spontaneity, is it possible to get that distinct, conveyed message in a split second ~ as if it were on a car driving past?

The red 'underscore' takes the eye away from the message and this is largely because it is red and the bulk of the logo is black. we are a species of curiosity. we like things that shine and we are drawn to them. hence the negative feedback about the red.

That's my thoughts on it as a graphics non-designer.

bazz

bazz
02-21-2009, 11:52 PM
just one other thing: you know your market so what I say may be tosh.

Your business may cureently be in Cornwall. But why is it limited to being there? if you expand even to open one shop elsewhere, the Cornwall issue becomes diluted. So by all means, feel fee to have it on your logo but ~ make it so that it is not a key piece of it. After all, you aren't trying to promote Cornwall: you run a shop within it. I read once that a logo has to be one message. If you try to send two, they will be confused and if you try to be on a campaign/crusade, of some sort, it can drive customers away.

bazz

LJackson
02-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Thanks bazz, great info as always :)

well if asking ordinary people were the way forward i may as well give up now lol i asked my mum and sister on there thoughts and they said it was c**p :( but what do they know lol...

i see what you mean about the red being the focus point and taking the attention away from the rest of it.

see i think most people on here (hopefully :) ) are my normal customers as everyone who shops online will benifit by shopping through my site. who doesent like a bargain or two lol but i see your point :)

as for you checks

Is it meant to be distinctive? is it distinctive? yes
what message should it convey? does it convey that? yes
In the world of spontaneity, is it possible to get that distinct, conveyed message in a split second ~ as if it were on a car driving past? maybe

i just think it looks a bit on the dull side? but then again with the black and white flag and font its difficult to have it any other way.

cheers agian bazz much appreciated
Luke

p.s i dont run a shop lol :) im just some guy trying to make some money from the net by promoting other stores and there items, an affiliate site where by i earn commisions from any sale i generate. so i am trying to make the site look as good as possible as well as learning a great deal so that one day i can maybe work as a website developer/designer :)

bazz
02-22-2009, 01:51 AM
well if asking ordinary people were the way forward i may as well give up now lol i asked my mum and sister on there thoughts and they said it was c**p :( but what do they know lol...

:D rofl.
My family would do the same! In business, discussion with friends and family should be a no-no. (imv) Too much family politics involved from sibling (and other's), rivalry to others, who don't want to hurt your feelings. and then there's grandparents who think granchildren are brilliant :)

but then again with the black and white flag and font its difficult to have it any other way.

agreed.

cheers agian bazz much appreciated
Luke

pleasure.

bazz

PappaJohn
02-22-2009, 02:04 AM
Hi All, I am having trouble adding stuff in the bag and making it bulge :( does anyone know of any tutorials that can help, ive checked google but havent found anything.
I didn't see anything specific about making the bag bulge, but there are several that look promising - maybe mix and match several of the techniques.

http://www.photoshoplady.com/the-100-most-popular-photoshop-tutorials-2008/
I'm thinking:
1. Texturing of old paper
2. Creating old paper w/ custom brushes

Also, in the 3D-Effects section: Vanity License Plates (nice crumpled license plate effect)

I haven't gone through any of these tutorials, but I did look through several that were quite good.

I just noticed they also have a forum.

LJackson
02-22-2009, 12:37 PM
I didn't see anything specific about making the bag bulge, but there are several that look promising - maybe mix and match several of the techniques.

http://www.photoshoplady.com/the-100-most-popular-photoshop-tutorials-2008/
I'm thinking:
1. Texturing of old paper
2. Creating old paper w/ custom brushes

Also, in the 3D-Effects section: Vanity License Plates (nice crumpled license plate effect)

I haven't gone through any of these tutorials, but I did look through several that were quite good.

I just noticed they also have a forum.

thanks mate those look great, a really nice website too which im sure i will keep going back to :thumbsup:

cheers

LJackson
02-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi guys im still having trouble with the look of the text when i set a transparent background it looks jagged and untidy, is there a way around this?

here is the original
http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/newestlogo.gif

so i tried adding a stroke to the text black didnt work so i tried this as the colour is part of the "cornish" just an idea to sort out the text.

http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/newestlogo2.gif

any ideas?
cheers

gnomeontherun
02-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Save as a PNG with transparent background, much better support than a GIF. Try using 8 bit first, and then 24 bit if it doesn't look best.

LJackson
02-22-2009, 09:52 PM
ah cool thanks, just out of curiosity is a png file larger than a gif file?

does this work or am i getting carried away :)

http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/logo.png

thought maybe i could get colour into my logo this way instead of on the bag?

cheers
Luke

bazz
02-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Mmm, I like that idea. and the colour.

I would amend these bits though:

handle colours need to be either less rigid looking od maybe a different colour
shorten the strapline
as cyanlight mentioned, straighten the perspective of the cross on the bag. (vertical vertcial and horizontal parallel with bottom / top of bag

As an aside, if you still are trying to make the bag look more real, why not look at paper bags and how they fold on the sides. I can't do it myself but imagine dividing the end wall of the bag verticlaly, into two shades. then, at the bottom, full width of the side-wall, place an equilateral triangle in one of the two side shades. at leas the bag would look folded and realistic if not bulging.

(just my opinion)

have you tried boxshotmaker w w w.bosseye dot com/boxshot/ it might help to get the perspectives better/easier and, it's free :)

bazz

gnomeontherun
02-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Usually a PNG is larger, but thats because its better. Your logo is acceptible in size to me (15 Kb).

I think you can manage that with the text, but the strapline should not be as strong of a bold 1) it is smaller font already and is harder to read and 2) you don't want it to compete with the title.

I would play with it a little more, but its a good direction.

Also if you plan on doing IE6 support you'll have to add some support for transparent PNGs, which it hates.

LJackson
02-22-2009, 10:27 PM
cheers bazz,

sound advice as always :)

when you say shorten the strapline do you mean change the size of the font so that it is smaller or re phrase it?

i will try and get the cross sorted i will look at it closely and work my limited magic lol

cheers mate
appreciate it
Luke

LJackson
02-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Also if you plan on doing IE6 support you'll have to add some support for transparent PNGs, which it hates.

great more IE hastle lol

thanks for the great advice
Luke

bazz
02-22-2009, 10:34 PM
limited magic?? nah. mine's limited :D

I meant reduce the number of words in the strapline. I may not be correct about it : jeremy or someone else might contribute a more authoritative view.

I am still in the frame of mind from when my partner got some advertising on her (smart ;) ) car. The normal domain name is too long for people to catch easily and for that matter, so was the phone number. (or else we drive too quickly :D ). So we got another domain which was easier to catch with a glimpse and easier to read/remember.

The number of people who have said they saw the adverts (both) and who have got in touch because they catch the ad, is significant. there were even people who, before, saw the car one day and noted the first part of the phone number. then they saw it again and got the second part. then they called. now they just use the short domain. hence my thoughts on shortness.

bazz

LJackson
02-22-2009, 10:47 PM
lol

i will have a think about the strap line, just in the process of trying to make the bag more realistic :)

cheers mate

LJackson
02-23-2009, 01:21 AM
how about this "its getting there" :)

http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/newlogo.png

i want to add some items to the bag but 1 step at a time :)
thoughts...

PappaJohn
02-23-2009, 03:02 AM
I'd say it's definitely getting there.

I think the inside back wall needs to be a bit lighter - maybe a gradient from lighter to darker, but just enough to show the distinction between it and the front wall.

On the side of the bag, the small fold triangle at the bottom could be a bit lighter as well - as is it looks like it's folded flat against the bottom. Also, the white stripe on the back half of the side wall seems to be at too sharp an angle.

Also the plane of the top doesn't seem to be parallel with the plane of the bottom - looks like the back wall of the bag is taller than the front wall.

LJackson
02-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Also the plane of the top doesn't seem to be parallel with the plane of the bottom - looks like the back wall of the bag is taller than the front wall.

Hi mate,

im not sure i follow you here? the two sides of the bag are the same size and shape. here is how i did it

http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/markup.jpg

like i say im not sure i follow you 100%

cheers
Luke

LJackson
02-23-2009, 11:15 AM
ok how does this look? does the bag contents look ok?

http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/newlogo3.png

gnomeontherun
02-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Blimey, I like it.

Only thing: there is a black triangle inside the bag on the left, that doesn't seem to fit. Oh and maybe a little less gradient on the side, bags are usually a little less glossy :)

LJackson
02-23-2009, 01:19 PM
thanks for your kind comments jeremy :)

here is the updated version

http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/newlogo4.png

BoldUlysses
02-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Great job; it looks really good. Thumbs up from here as well. I especially like the fact that you added the strap back to the bag--it was a little hard to tell on first glance that it was actually a bag here (http://codingforums.com/showpost.php?p=784983&postcount=46).

Now you can grab some of those colors and graphic themes and using them as a starting point for the rest of the website. :)

LJackson
02-23-2009, 01:37 PM
thanks msuffern,

i always intended putting the strap back on but wanted to focus on the bag and get that right first :)

you guys have been such a huge help i cant thank you enough :thumbsup::thumbsup:

i still may add some texture to the items to make it nicer :) but we'll see :)

thank you all so much for your time and advice
Luke

PappaJohn
02-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi mate,

im not sure i follow you here? the two sides of the bag are the same size and shape. here is how i did it

cheers
Luke
It must have been an optical illusion (or my aging eyes), but my bad.

The latest version looks great! While you're adding texture to the items, you might want to consider having one or two stick out of the top of the bag.

LJackson
02-23-2009, 02:58 PM
lol

thanks PappaJohn, no worries mate :)

yeah i did think about having items stick out of the bag but i thought it may obstruct the depth of the bag it self but we'll see may have a play around with it.

thanks
Luke

Millenia
02-23-2009, 05:15 PM
thanks for your kind comments jeremy :)

here is the updated version

http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/newlogo4.png
Wow, since looking from last time, this is great!

LJackson
02-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Wow, since looking from last time, this is great!

thank you!!!! couldnt have dont it with out all the help i recieved :thumbsup:

cheers
Luke

bazz
02-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Hi mate,

http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/markup.jpg

like i say im not sure i follow you 100%

cheers
Luke

Hi Luke,

Is great now and the strap colours tie in the text to the bag well.

I would say though that I agree with PappaJohn in that the back of the bag is sitting slightly high on the right hand side. I know you showed us how you got there but image perspective changes things.

If you look again at the image of the front and back panels and, focus on the top edge of the front, you might see that they aren't parallel. I would rediuce the rear right by a couple of pixels and see how it looks then.

Otherwise its very good, I think.

bazz

gnomeontherun
02-23-2009, 08:28 PM
I gotta say you should do a blog post or something about the evolution of this logo and this thread, heck I might do it for you on my blog.

LJackson
02-23-2009, 08:39 PM
lol i havent got the time mate, but your more than welcome to if you desire :)

must admit from the first design to now it has really come on leaps and bounds
from this

http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/LOGO.jpg

to this
http://www.kernow-connect.com/images/thelogo.png

you know what.. i think i prefere the first one :D :p

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum