View Full Version : Lots of the same select boxes please help!!

howardfan123
02-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Hello, can anyone tell me if it is possable to make a one select box and have it appear in about 50 spots through out the site. I understand it has to be an external file so i can make changes quick and easy. I have tried to use asp and php and javascript and even tried using includes i can seem to figure it out. each box has to have a diff. name because it will be sent to a shopping cart but can have the same id. so i even tried using getelementbyid. please some one point my in the right direction. i have been researching this and reading about it for over a month and updating all those boxes weekly is killing me.
here is what the box has in it

<select name="product2" id="scentlistfull"
<option value= "&lt;em&gt;ANGEL WHISPER&lt;/em&gt;"selected="selected">ANGEL WHISPER</option>
<option value= "&lt;em&gt;ANGEL WINGS&lt;/em&gt;">ANGEL WINGS</option>
<option value= "&lt;em&gt;APPLE&lt;/em&gt;">APPLE</option>
<option value= "&lt;em&gt;BABY MAGIC&lt;/em&gt;">BABY MAGIC</option>
<option value= "&lt;em&gt;BABY POWDER&lt;/em&gt;">BABY POWDER</option>
<option value= "&lt;em&gt;BLACK CHERRY&lt;/em&gt;">BLACK CHERRY</option>
<option value= "&lt;em&gt;BLUEBERRY MUFFIN&lt;/em&gt;">BLUEBERRY MUFFIN</option>
<option value= "&lt;em&gt;CHRISTMAS ESSENCES&lt;/em&gt;">CHRISTMAS ESSENCES</option>
<option value= "&lt;em&gt;CHRISTMAS TREE&lt;/em&gt;">CHRISTMAS TREE</option>
<option value= "&lt;em&gt;CINNAMON APPLE BERRY&lt;/em&gt;">CINNAMON APPLE BERRY</option>
<option value= "&lt;em&gt;CINNAMON BUN&lt;/em&gt;">CINNAMON BUN</option>
<option value= "&lt;em&gt;CINNAMON SPICE&lt;/em&gt;">CINNAMON SPICE</option>
</select>

ohgod
02-05-2009, 02:38 PM
are you just looking for a way to include what i assume will be a form in all of your pages?

what is your site written in?

howardfan123
02-05-2009, 02:54 PM
i'm looking to just include the select box into a form, the rest of the form stays the same and just the scentlist changes
site is written in mircosoft pubilsher with html fragments

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum