View Full Version : Works in IE, Not in FireFox

TheTot
01-29-2009, 04:28 AM
*Sigh*

I yet again turn to you, experts. In order to help me with this, you will probably need both Internet Explorer and FireFox on your computer.

The page in question: http://lawlocaust.freezoka.com/rpg/
( Note: All the javascript is externally linked in four seperate .js files, simple for my own organization purposes, so you will have to download them to help me )

If you're running that page in Internet Explorer, everything works fine. No problems. Great.

However, if you're running it in Firefox, it gets stuck at one point. When you load up the page, just click "Submit info". Then press "CONTINUE" about three times, you don't have to actually read the stuff in the box. Eventually, pushing "CONTINUE" will no longer work. It won't do anything. What I think is even stranger, it doesn't even say there has been an error on the page. It simply doesn't do anything.

Like I said, works fine in IE, but gets stuck there in Firefox everytime.

I have been over the script so many times. I couldn't find any spelling errors, syntax errors, or anything of the like. PLEASE if you know why it's doing this, let me know!

rangana
01-29-2009, 05:45 AM
Go to your rpgbattle.js file, and remove highlighted:

function turncheck() {
if ( hpmob <= 0 ) {
postfight();
};
else if ( hpchar <= 0 ) {
gameover();
};
else {
showturn();
};
};

Those are unnecessary and thus creates premature break on FF.

Hope that helps.

TheTot
01-29-2009, 07:18 AM
Brilliant! Oh man thanks so much, works fine now! I'll have to keep that in mind for future reference, thanks a bunch!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum