View Full Version : Trapping a webpage inside a frame!

page1
03-04-2003, 05:06 PM
Hello All
I need some help with my frames. Im building a website which will only be used on my intranet and not the WWW.

I have a frameset with a mainframe and a left frame. In the mainframe i have a link to a website which will not stay inside the left frame. Is there a script or technique which will assure that anywebsite i visit will stay within that frame.

Normally it wouldnt be a problem but its important that all webpages viewed through my frameset stays within the frame.

I do not wish to use this to trap people using this frame as I mentioned early, this frame is only used on my intranet and is only used by me.

Thankyou in advance.

dreamingdigital
03-04-2003, 05:28 PM
Sorry no. They probably have something like this in their page:

if (window != top) {
top.location.href="page.html";
}

So basically it's on their side and no matter what you do they're going to get their way.

page1
03-04-2003, 05:31 PM
Thankyou for your reply.

Roy Sinclair
03-04-2003, 06:38 PM
Actually there is a technique that'll work for you. Simply disable all scripting (turn off javascript entirely) and their page won't escape from your frame (but any link on the page may still escape your frame when it's clicked).

Spookster
03-04-2003, 07:49 PM
And in the future try reading our forum rules before you ever create another topic.

Do not crosspost your questions!!

Crossposted:

http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15709

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum