View Full Version : form wont post

idalatob
01-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Any idea why it wont post?

function submitForm(){
document.all.edit_student.submit();
}

THE FORM STUFF:

<form name="edit_student" action="edit-student.php?sid=<?php echo($sid); ?>" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">

THE BUTTON THAT FAILS:

<a href="#" onClick="javascript: submitForm();">Quick Edit</a>

Sorry about poorly written message, just in a hurry to get home and this little glitch is agonizing!!

shyam
01-20-2009, 03:22 PM
try using

function submitForm(){
document.edit_student.submit();
}
<a href="#" onClick="submitForm()">Quick Edit</a>

idalatob
01-21-2009, 08:17 AM
Doesnt work either.... tried a whole host of different functions... Just refuses to post, im at my wits end.

abduraooft
01-21-2009, 08:40 AM
You probably have an input element having name="submit". If so, you'd need to rename it it and make all necessary changes in your other parts of your code.
Though, I'd recommend the use of an input element having type="submit" instead of an anchor and a javascript code to submit your form. (Then you could adopt some Progressive Enhancement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Enhancement))

idalatob
01-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks abdura.

I had a form with: <input type="submit" name="submit">

It is a long form so I just wanted the user to have an opportunity to submit at various stages of form completion.

abduraooft
01-21-2009, 11:03 AM
It is a long form so I just wanted the user to have an opportunity to submit at various stages of form completion. So what? Couldn't you just duplicate your submit button, wherever required?