01-14-2009, 07:37 PM
1. I have a forum with a MySQL database (Invision Power Board).
2. I have a website with a database developed in MySQL php-fusion
What I want and I want to tell me? Eventually pay if someone help me.
In the web site php fusion I have a registration form.
In the forum is another registration form with more members. I would like to use only form Forum (so only database MySQL forum). I mean when a visitor entering the site php-fusion and wants to register to use the database of the forum, the default form of registration. How do I do this?
Please, excuse my english.
welcome to CF.
Please, excuse my english.
I bet your english is a lot better than any attempt I might make with your own first language.
anyway; back to the question.
you can do one of a number of choices.
1. You could make a script of your own, for the fusion registration form. when doing so, you could add a sub routine, which would enter the users information to the mysql database.
That suggestion could lead to duplication where you have two seperate login tables and so logging into one db would not login to both.
2. You could merge the two db's. without knowing the details of the tables I cannot suggest how you might do this but I am sure you could achieve this if you planned out firstly, what the whole content is of the two db's and then, you designed a normalised db to handle the requirements.
Whilst the second (2) idea may take longer and be more difficult, I would sugest that it is the better way because you would then have a normalised db to do everything you need.
01-15-2009, 07:53 AM
I do not wish the union (merge) of the two databases MySQL. I use only MySQL database Forum which is much higher because it contains many users and posts.
Database php-fusion is very small and I could give her (I refer to the table MySQL with users). I give up this database, because the members can be found in the database of the forum. Some users have double account and I do not want it (in the MySQL database php-fusion and MySQL database Forum).
Thinking to replace the table with MySQL users php-fusion of the forum, which table user invision power board (forum).
Or integration of the forum site in php-fusion, since both sites are part of a portal. After integration will use a single database for registering users.After integration will use a single database for registering users.
Please, can you make this work? And how much?
Oops, I was suggesting that you move this to erm, this forum. :o
I'll jump out at this stage becaise I don't do paid projects.
02-04-2009, 09:42 AM
I have much experience to do such kind of work. i mean integration of open source scripts.
I will charge $90 to complete this work and the time line will be 4 working days
i would like if you give me the url of both sites or code of those pages.
What are my plan ?
1) first i will study the registration of the both script (php-fusion and forum)?
2) i will change the all registration URL from php-fusion to forum.
3) i will change the login process of php-fusion and will make it like forum.
above is my plan please suggest me if have something.
04-21-2009, 08:53 PM
I hope not to be so late. I accept you to do this work for 90USD. I would like to know if the offer is now valid for you? An e-mail address or ID Yahoo Messenger to discuss in detail other aspects of the problem, including communication URLs etc.. ! So, expect an answer if you're willing to help me in my problem. Accept other bids for this problem.