View Full Version : Tips for a better Looping image display?

01-04-2009, 09:42 PM
I have a rather simple and large (file size) image display here for a website in sacramento:

the image loop is just one image that moves on the timeline and returns to frame one at the end. I would love some advice or links to examples of better ideas for looping image display.

01-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Well advice I can give but its up to you to choose what works for the client.

I don't like the scrolling image as is, because its so large and commanding I can't focus on the navigation. Its also just not very smooth, with the framerate and the image just appears to be jutting along.

Perhaps a slow fade instead of scrolling image? I think scrolling is best when it responds to mousemovements or user choices, but fades work at any time. Make the images smaller, and focus on the image quality. They could each be touched up and made more standard. The top is so massive I can't see the content until I scroll, and its just not necessary to have such large images (and smaller loads faster!).

I guess I don't have a whole lot of advice other than to be careful when employing this tactic, because I believe a lot of users will find it distracting in a negative way.

11-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Is there anyway for me to remove the link in my original post? (the edit button is gone)

Roseville Website Design.