View Full Version : Looking for web hosting.

freedom_razor
12-19-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm forced to move 2 of my domains with their hosting to a new provider. I've done some reading and picked HostGator and GoDaddy as possible new provider, and also Network Solutions [since I'm already their customer].

So, if anyone has past or present experience with above providers [or knows of another good one I haven't seen], please share :)
P.S. Shared UNIX hosting will be enough for those domains I need to transfer, I'm not looking for VPS.

FWDrew
12-19-2008, 11:15 AM
I host all my domains with Godaddy on a shared server and find it to be cheap and reliable. Ive heard good things about hostgator, but they are also a bit more expensive I believe. Anyway, Ive only used one of the two, but never had any issues with GD personally.

Best of luck,

Drew

oesxyl
12-19-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm forced to move 2 of my domains with their hosting to a new provider. I've done some reading and picked HostGator and GoDaddy as possible new provider, and also Network Solutions [since I'm already their customer].

So, if anyone has past or present experience with above providers [or knows of another good one I haven't seen], please share :)
P.S. Shared UNIX hosting will be enough for those domains I need to transfer, I'm not looking for VPS.
Untill six month ago I use hostgator, is a good host in my opinion.

regards

nienke
12-19-2008, 03:38 PM
personally I host it at hostgator. yes i agree it is slightly more expensive but over these 3 years, there is no complaint about it. =) and I love their responsive support.

owt200x
12-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Freehostia.com (http://freehostia.com) is shared unix servers.

I use them, I'm on the value plan which is $1.95/mo and you get 500mb diskspace and 10gb/mo bandwidth. I'm paid until 2013 :)

Customer support is good, anytime I needed help I got it within a few minutes.

optimus203
12-19-2008, 08:48 PM
I would recommend ixwebhosting.com

jerry62704
12-19-2008, 08:59 PM
I use APLUS.NET. $10 a month (yearly discount), 200GB space, 20000 GB monthly transfer, 200 (250 PC) MB email storage, 3 MySQL databases, and unlimited email addresses.

peteyb383
12-19-2008, 09:22 PM
I use WebHostingPad. It's unlimited everything for $4/month for a 2 year plan. Good up-time and speed, no problems yet.

I have an affiliate link in my signature, if you are interested I would appreciate if you used it.

JulieV
12-21-2008, 01:18 PM
i use Godaddy and have no problems. And I use the the mid range or what it's called deluxe hosting where you can host multiple number of domains. I like using it, I mean Godaddy but if you want something a little bit cheaper, then Hostgator is the cheapper one.

Thanks
Julie

JulieV
12-21-2008, 01:39 PM
BTW. You can try also try webpromotionsystems.com by Jim mckinnely and it only cost for 25.00 to 40.00 I think for ten years of hosting.

Thanks
Julie

ShaneC
12-21-2008, 07:21 PM
HostGator ftw. They are more expensive, though I did a reseller package and sell just enough domains so that it pays for itself. Hostgator's support is top notch and in the 4 years I've been hosting there I've not once had any complaint that wasn't rectified.

As with someone above I still buy and operate all my domains out of GoDaddy, as I think their domain control panel is first rate and their service is pretty good as well.

brian34
12-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Hostgator for sure. They have a very low cost package which allows you to host as many domains as you want. As previous posters have mentioned, their support is top notch.

VictorTan
12-28-2008, 04:36 PM
I would recommend Hostgator I've used it for years its great

freedom_razor
12-31-2008, 09:17 AM
Thanks for all the posts, I did finally decide to go with Hostgator, and it already seems like a good decision :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum