View Full Version : I'm going insane

12-19-2008, 01:54 AM
I need serious help here. Okay so I got all my hosting and packaging etc. I downloaded filezilla and uploaded files but i have no clue what to do and can't find anything or anyone to help, please help me. I have 1&1 hosting

12-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Can you be a bit more specific as to your problem? Were you able to upload the files, or did the FTP client not work? If so, I would try a different FTP client. Maybe its just me, but I've had bad experiences with filezilla in the past. I recommend FTP commander.

12-19-2008, 02:22 AM
it shows up in the ftp but im illiterate as hell about building. It shows up when i go to the ftp page but i have no clue what to do next, the guy who designed it wont help. All I see when i go to the ftp is what i uploaded but i have no idea how to use them and when i type in my url a 403 shows up

12-19-2008, 04:12 AM
It sounds like you don't have a default document setup. You need an index.htm or default.htm, whatever your host has setup.

12-19-2008, 06:28 AM
Did you upload to the public_html folder?

12-21-2008, 02:46 PM
I used fileZilla last time and I did not have any problem with it. and if you are not sure what to do with it then try to watch the video instructions on how to upload . This video should be there from filezilla. this may help you. and don't worry too much I been there.