View Full Version : Codes or Scripts

JulieV
12-16-2008, 01:35 AM
hi guys,

I am looking for codes that i can use on my website. The codes i am talking about are the ones you can use at the bottom part of the website.
i think its called a comment box.
Do they cost a lot or how much do they cost. If there is a free one that would be excellent.

Thanks
Julie

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-16-2008, 01:37 AM
Check out www.hotscripts.com

You may want to check out CuteNews (http://www.cutephp.com). Its a commenting system though kind of hard to customize. Maybe you should use a blog instead? What type of site do you have?

JulieV
12-16-2008, 01:43 AM
i build it through Xsitepro and just mainly text and information website, so i want to put a seperarte page where i can have this commenting box at the bottom.

Thanks
julie

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-16-2008, 03:51 AM
What does xsitepro allow? Does it allow php? You are going to need a server side language for a commenting system. HTML alone isn't going to cut it.

JulieV
12-16-2008, 04:42 AM
Oppps... I ma not very techie guy and I basically know how html and those type of things. What would taht server side for the commneting system?

Thanks for enlightening me on things that I need to know .

Julie

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-16-2008, 05:36 AM
Then I guess the next question would be who is your web host?

JulieV
12-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Sorry I was not home to answer the last post/thread. but my hosting is Godaddy and Hostgator. The only thing with hostgator is i jsut got my hosting with them and i have a hard time trying to change things like for instance: I bought a domain name from Cheapname and wanted to transfer it to Hostagtor. I went to my Cheapname account point the domain to Ns1.hostgator.com or something like that. but when i try to upload it, it did not work. It says on the screen that " I have no permission to this server" or and Error. any idea what is wrong?

Thanks
Julie

JulieV
12-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi Guys,

I know this is not actually about this topic but very similar to it and I cannot find the post where I post a question about copying my site so I can move it somewhere else.

I hope someone can guide if I violate any rule here. The reason is I Just Want To Thank OESXYL for being very kind enough to do the copying for as I do not know how to do it.

Thanks very OESXYL! You're a great guy.

Thanks Again,
Julie

oesxyl
12-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Sorry I was not home to answer the last post/thread. but my hosting is Godaddy and Hostgator. The only thing with hostgator is i jsut got my hosting with them and i have a hard time trying to change things like for instance: I bought a domain name from Cheapname and wanted to transfer it to Hostagtor. I went to my Cheapname account point the domain to Ns1.hostgator.com or something like that. but when i try to upload it, it did not work. It says on the screen that " I have no permission to this server" or and Error. any idea what is wrong?

Thanks
Julie
if you have access to whm, you are reseller, you can setup domain from there else can be solved only by hostgator and you must send a support ticket from cpanel.

Hi Guys,

I know this is not actually about this topic but very similar to it and I cannot find the post where I post a question about copying my site so I can move it somewhere else.

I hope someone can guide if I violate any rule here. The reason is I Just Want To Thank OESXYL for being very kind enough to do the copying for as I do not know how to do it.

Thanks very OESXYL! You're a great guy.

Thanks Again,
Julie
you are welcome, :) was your work there, :)

best regards

JulieV
12-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Hi OESXYL,

i found you again. By the way what is "whm" as I do not know what that is.

Thanks and best regards,
Julie

oesxyl
12-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi OESXYL,

i found you again. By the way what is "whm" as I do not know what that is.

Thanks and best regards,
Julie
stand for "WebHost Manager" and is a web tool:

http://www.cpanel.net/index.html

and this is the manual:

http://www.cpanel.net/docs/whm/

best regards

JulieV
12-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Thanks very much OEsxyl for the clarification. Now I know some of these lingos use in the techie world.

oesxyl
12-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks very much OEsxyl for the clarification. Now I know some of these lingos use in the techie world.
you are welcome. In order to select a script or some code to use on your site, you must know what that script need and if will run on your server.
Cpanel provide some of this info:
- if you have or not mysql/php/perl installed
- how many database you can have and how many you already use
- what version and what php extnsion you have
- what perl modules are installed( cpanel help you to install some modules)
of course you must look for this information when you need it, :)

best regards

JulieV
12-21-2008, 05:04 PM
It becomes more techie for me now so I think I have to digest these things first and start the project i am trying to do.

Very big thanks again,

regards,
Julie

mohdsaleh
12-22-2008, 04:33 AM
Why you just install Word Press from your cPanel. Its under fantastico icon. Try it and you might love it. WP is very popular with internet marketers who has little knowledge on codings and such.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum