View Full Version : Giving thanks without javascipt : system shouts at me!

abduraooft
12-09-2008, 09:32 AM
CF says

abduraooft, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. , when I try to thank someone(if javascript is blocked)

Sample url=> http://www.codingforums.com/post_thanks.php?do=post_thanks_add&p=******
(starred post_id, to post here)

But, the system works well as desired, if there is javascript.

Thanks (with javascript ;))

WA
12-09-2008, 10:27 AM
JavaScript is needed to use the Thanks system unfortunately. It's there to add a simple layer that prevents spam bots from clicking on the link, plus give people a 2nd chance before they commit to a thanks...

abduraooft
12-09-2008, 01:23 PM
It's there to add a simple layer that prevents spam bots from clicking on the link, plus give people a 2nd chance before they commit to a thanks... I'm sorry, but I don't understand this. It may be because I'm unaware of the vB settings. I think the functioning of this system is almost same as that of the reputation system, where we don't have such issues.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum